cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust column width in ESS CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am implmenting web dynpro abap application HRESS_A_CATS_1 in nwbc.

I have the following requirement: users should not scroll and see all columns. therefore i want to make the "day-columns" smaller. See screenshot: the yellow marked columns are "space wasting" -> they are too wide. I want to reduce the with here.

I know how to configure which columns in which order should be there, etc....

but how can i change the column width here without(!!) doing modifications.

br, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

without modification only personalisation is an option as indicated above that too has limitation

refer here

in the note 1902599 - Message "The selected columns cannot be personalized" is raised in timesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

first of all: respect for your effort in answering so many questions here in scn !

with personalization i can do MANY things, but not change the witdh of columns !

thats very bad again from SAP -> they should know that CATS may have many columns to display and then it is not possible to change a column width. i only can shake my head again about the quality of the products in the last year

br Martin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes we can , thanks I try to do my bit and learn and make sure we improve our product on feedback, We ll get there

have you check this Martin?

1. Please check above because this is the standard setting of the application. As you can see the switch is "Enabeled". In this case you can change the column width. Please check also the rest fo the switches as well.

2. A,  Call the CATS application from SE80

B,  Add to the end of the URL the following string and hit enter: & FPM_COLUMN_WIDTH_RESIZING_MODE=X

2. C  Please do a re-test.

3. Check the version of  UR implelemtation. . WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES

as always

WD_GLOBAL_SETTING, there the option WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION should be unchecked.

conor_memery
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can approach this from 2 different vantage points;

1.) User Specific

To change the column-width in WDA CATS (user-specific):

- click on the "settings" button (top right hand corner)

- save the view "save as" and activate checkbox "initial view"

This way the user can customize his view, which will be the same everytime he/she starts the application. Obviously this will have to be done on an individual basis.

2.) Component Customizing

It should be possible to change it via Component customizing.

You may add parameter &sap-config-mode=X in the URL for starting the same.

Best Regards,

Conor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Conor,

i know all that what you have mentioned

but with that i am NOT able to adjust the width(!!) of the column !

br Martin