Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel External Control Error

ridvan_polat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am making a scenario which can starts and stops the communication channels depending on some cases.

Referenced these documents;

Controlling a Communication Channel Externally - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

Now, I'm able to get action=status, but when trying to stop or start any channel, getting following error response;

com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.impl.WrongAutomationModeException: The channel is configured to use an automation mode not compatible with the type of the current principal (WSUSER). The channel was not stopped. Change the channels automation mode and repeat the administrative action.

I couldn't find any solutions neither on scn nor sap notes.

Kindly ask for your help.

Ridvan Polat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridvan,

Are you sure the WSUSER has the roles that are pointing in your first link?

If you assure that you have checked the External Control activated, may be could be your PI version.

Have you tried to use this service (directly from wsnavigator)?:

You can find its URL in the Service Registry:

Regards.

ridvan_polat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Maybe you're right, it may be because of PI version, it is 7.11.

I've also checked services you mentioned, but there is no IChannelAdmin service.

I found these two services and I'm able to consume them, but I can only get channel status with these.

I need to change channel status (stop/start).

Regards,

Ridvan Polat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ridvan,

However, your exception is clear and it is no throwing nothing relative that the service doesn't exist or it can't be reached. Have you tried to call you first attempt from WSNavigator?,.

And in the first link that you have shared, in the prerequisites said that you have to assign the roles in NWA, not only in the ABAP side, are you sure the roles has been assigned in your user or the WSUSER pointed in the exception?.

Regards.

ridvan_polat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Yes, I've consumed with the wsnavigator tool.

I also noticed that there is no wsuser on java/abap stacks.

I was using my own user with giving 'xi_af_channel_admin_modify' role.

I've created wsuser on java stack and gave the action in a role. Now it works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ridvan Polat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridvan,

I'm glad your issue is solved, thank you for the feedback.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor

Hi Ridvan,

Please go to the communication channel monitoring and check that you channel has activated only the External Control:

Regards

ridvan_polat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

I've applied every single step on related documents, including the External Control button.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Ridvan Polat