Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line Function not working for Android platform in Agentry

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For a particular field in a screen(assigned to Android Platform)  I have a update rule that concatenates several object property values with "New line" function in between.

In iPad and Windows platform the same screen field is working as per the update rule(New line function works). But for some unspecified reason the same update rule doesn't fully work for Android platform (New Line function is ignored,But the rule works).

Is there any replacement function available for new line in Android or is there a flaw in my approach?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is still not achievable in Android. Can anyone tell me how to have newline(line feed)  function enabled in Android platform.

Thanks

Madan

former_member194451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

NEWLINE function is not supported on Android platform.

Instead of the NEWLINE function try using unicode sequence for the new line.

Unicode Character 'LINE FEED(LF)' (U+000A).

Regards,

Chung Yu

SAP Senior Support Engineer

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chung,

Thanks for the reply.

But how exactly I replace the new line function with this Unicode..

Below is my actual high level rule text.. Just tell me how to replace @Newline to the Unicode that you have mentioned.

I have used several combinations please let me know the correct Unicode to be used(correct syntax) that works for Android Platform.

(@CONCATENATE (@IF (@AND :>12"House_Number" :>12"House_Name") (@CONCATENATE :>12"House_Number" (('/)) :>12"House_Name" ((',))) (@CONCATENATE :>12"House_Number" :>12"House_Name" ((',)))) U+000A (@IF (@AND :>12"Street" :>12"Town") (@CONCATENATE :>12"Street" ((',)) :>12"Town" ((',))) (@CONCATENATE :>12"Street" :>12"Town" ((',)))) U+000A (@IF (@AND :>12"City" :>12"Country") (@CONCATENATE :>12"City" ((',)) :>12"Country" ((',))) (@CONCATENATE :>12"City" :>12"Country" ((',)))) U+000A :>12"Postcode")