Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolder/DMS Integration of SAP EM Attachments

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know whether we can store the attachments being uploaded via WebUI to SAP DMS/cFolders.As per the SAP Note 1355699 - SAP EM: Criteria for Saving Attachments-IMG text correction all the attached documents shall be stored in the DATABASE itself.

If every document is getting stored on EM database then it can lead to storage space issues etc. I have raised an OSS for the same but unfortunately it has not been answered yet.

Any suggestions ,how to handle the same ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

i'm not familiar with cFolders but if there is an interface available in ABAP you could use an Event Message Preprocessing function and get the attachments there and store it in cFolders.

Afterwards delete it from the internal Message tables.

For display in WD you would have to look for place to retrieve them and make a WD enhancement.

In the standard attachments are retrieved here:

Method:DOWNLOAD_ATTACHMENT in Componentcontroller of /SAPTRX/EV_LIST_ALV_CPT ALV.

But keep in mind the following that are the reason why the attachments are stored in the db:

- archiving -> how do you handle consistency here

- client copies -> what happens here with the attachments

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you mean cfolder sitting in same server with separate directory, then it would be fine to create and have a separate folder to store all attachments.

If you store in different server or DMS and the production refresh happens every three or six months, Dev or QA or Preprod will end up not accessing to the attachment and may throw error or message throw as "no data/attachment'.

Check below with your BASIS whether you can achieve this.

1. Request separate folder in same server to store only for attachments and give extra space.  Ask basis to monitor quite often (they have tool to check separately) and they will get alert if threshold hits.

2. If you have archiving model in your company 1 year or 6 months then these files will be removed after archiving.  The server folder become empty after archiving.

3. Ask basis team to create more space in usr directory Tcode AL11 -> usr/sap/....

4. Follow and 1 & 2.

You can achieve through Define Criteria for Event Message Processing -> Preprocessing Functions.

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thanx for the valuable input but as per SAP Note:1355699 it says that the configuration has became obsolete & the files shall be stored in DATABASE itself.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Gopi refers to the Preprocessing function that i have mentioned above. In the same customizing you also find the obsolete Save option for attachments. The reason why it is obsolete are the points i have mentioned above.

Best regards,

Steffen