cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure 2 SMTP nodes in SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I understand with Basis release 7.02 it is possible to create 2 SMTP nodes in SCOT. This is a enhancement of the functionality of SAPconnect.

I have also seen similar threads on SCN which describes the procedure to do so

But what configuration can you make to actually use the second SMTP connection, can you send one domain (xxx@firstdomain.com) to SMTP_A and another domain (xxx@seconddomain.com) to SMTP_B?

Also advice if there is any SAP Note on this

R..../-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230159
Contributor

Hi ,

"2 SMTP nodes can be created but since each of these 2 SMTP nodes will be communicating to 2 different mail servers, how will SAPConnect identify which request has to be sent to which mail server"

Exactly it cannot identify.Morever if you are using the samew company domain then it should not  matter via which node communication is happening.

Can you please let me know for what reason you need to have 2 SMTP servers ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Somehow the customer has 2 mails servers and thus this requirement

If you look at SMTP guide for 7.0 EHP 2 on help.sap.com, SAP have clearly mentioned that this is possible

I believe that since SAP has mentioned this then there should be some way to make it work! Sadly the SAP Note 455140 mentions otherwise

There are few more threads on SCN which says this works "with some filters" !!

R..../-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks all for your time and suggestions

The customer was able to create 2 SMTP Nodes in SCOT by using 2 different names

But the requirement was invalid. They wanted 2 SMTP nodes in SCOT for 2 different instances of the same mail server.

Suggested solution was to work with only 1 SMTP node

Thanks again

R..../-

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

2348016 - Configure multiple SMTP NODEs in SAP System

Yo can see the following:

Please note it is NOT possible to have Multiple Default Domains in the SAP system.

SAP Note 2148070

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dint get your exact problem. But in scot you can add 2 nodes in SMTP through settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah thanks.

2 SMTP nodes can be created but since each of these 2 SMTP nodes will be communicating to 2 different mail servers, how will SAPConnect identify which request has to be sent to which mail server

Is there any additional setting for this

Nevertheless, thanks for your time

R..../-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

2 SMTP nodes with two different mail servers might not be possible. Please refer to note : 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

I assume that might be helpful to you.

Cheers

Sharma

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You can specify address areas of recipient addresses that are to be reached using
these nodes in t-code SCOT -> Select "Set" for "Internet", e.g.:

- Node1:  *123.com

- Node 2: *abc.com

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandy,

Even if the mail domains are different, you can just specify the email ids in same SMTP node It will work.

Regards,

Sravani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply will try this

But unfortunately in this particular situation, when we tried to create another SMTP node we were not able to do so in SCOT

I know with SAP_Basis 702 this is possible. Help.sap.com also mentions that dual SMTP nodes are possible in 702

R..../-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Maybe mentioning emails IDs in SU01 might help

For e.g

USER1 will have user1@domain1.com in SU01

and

USER2 will have user2@domain2.com in SU01

Ofcoarse appropriate host and service file entries are also required apart from the opening of right ports

R..../-