cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat delta has failed

0 Kudos

Hello,

For me delta failed due to source system error. So from psa, i made  the QM status to red amd deleted that request. Now i am being asked if i want to run the repeat delta. So now its running repeat delta.

I went through many posts and documentation for this and few concept is still not clear.

Let say repeat delta fails again, for second time or third time due to source system error.

a)Am i going to face any loss of data due to this.?

b)How does the extractor pull the delta data? Does it always hits the repeat delta Queue first before delta queue to fetch the data?

c)As far i have understood, delta queue gets cleared after delta is run whether bw is successfully completed extraction or not. Am i correct?

d)Yesterday, i ran delta which was successfully completed. Delta queue is cleared and repeat delta queue will be populated with yesterdays data.  Am i correct?

e) So today i run delta again which is completed successfully. So  repeat delta queue which had yesterdays data is cleared and today's data will be populated in delta queue. Am i correct?

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Lets say i run repeat delta and it fails, what should be my next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I see there are a few confusions in above replies regarding delta queue and delta repeat.

Below are a few cases:

Delta Request from BW to RSA7 in ECC:

Successful - Yes, then in RSA7

1. Delta data moves from delta queue to delta repeat queue

2. Delta Repeat gets cleared from old data and fresh delta data gets populated.

Successful - No, then in RSA7

2. Delta Repeat Do Not gets cleared from old data but failed delta data gets added to it.

Delta Repeat Request from BW to RSA7 in ECC (in case of Delta failure)

Successful - Yes, then in RSA7

2. Delta Repeat Do Not get cleared from old data and fresh delta data gets added to it. Then delta repeat queue will be cleared with next successful delta request.

Successful - No, then in RSA7

1. Delta data moves from delta queue to delta repeat queue (this is in case you have more delta data before you attempt delta repeat request)

2. Delta Repeat Do Not gets cleared from old data but failed delta data gets added to it. So your delta repeat queue will keep on increasing until you have a successful delta request.

So in a nutshell, the delta repeat queue is cleared only by successful Delta Request. In all other cases it will not be touched by system. There will be no loss of data if you have failed delta or delta repeat requests until you have a successful Delta Request.

Coming to your questions:

a)Am i going to face any loss of data due to this.?

No, there will not be any data loss with multiple delta repeat queue if the previous one's are failing. Meaning, if your delta fails (here no data loss as it will move to delta repeat queue) -> system will ask you for delta repeat -> Lets say your delta repeat also fails (No data loss as delta will not be cleared from delta repeat queue) -> say 3rd time your delta repeat queue is success then in this case you will still have data in delta repeat queue. -> then you send delta request and it is success then in this case your delta data will be moved to delta repeat and old data in delta repeat will be cleared.

It is because clearing of 'delta repeat queue' is only applicable to delta request. That means if you have successful delta request then only your delta repeat queue is touched by system and delta data is moved into delta repeat.

b)How does the extractor pull the delta data? Does it always hits the repeat delta Queue first before delta queue to fetch the data?

In case of Delta Repeat Request = Always, Delta queue then Delta Repeat.

So for a Delta Repeat Request flow is: Delta Queue -> Delta Repeat Queue = Finally de-dupe (delta queue data minus delta repeat data and vice versa) of data and only delta + Delta repeat data is sent.

For a Delta Request flow is only from Delta Queue -> And delta data moved to 'Delta Repeat Queue'

c)As far i have understood, delta queue gets cleared after delta is run whether bw is successfully completed extraction or not. Am i correct?

Yes, delta queue gets cleared but it gets stored in delta repeat queue and delta repeat queue is not clear until next successful delta request. (delta repeat request DO NOT clear delta repeat queue in RSA7)

d)Yesterday, i ran delta which was successfully completed. Delta queue is cleared and repeat delta queue will be populated with yesterdays data.  Am i correct?

Yes, that is correct.

e) So today i run delta again which is completed successfully. So  repeat delta queue which had yesterdays data is cleared and today's data will be populated in delta queue. Am i correct?

Yes, delta repeat queue will then be cleared from yesterday data and populated with today data.

Finally, there not be any data loss in delta repeat queue until you have a successful delta request.

It is called delta repeat queue for a reason

Let me know if you have any confusion.

Thanks

Amit

0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for such detailed explanation. I understand the concept of repeat delta now. The only confusion i had was whether data will be lost if we repeat delta also fails. but according to your reply, no data will be lost until delta is successfully finished.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183334
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

A) Am i going to face any loss of data due to this.?

ANS: Deftly you will loss data due to source system error, check with TRFC , IDOC's with basis team.

B)How does the extractor pull the delta data? Does it always hits the repeat delta Queue first before delta queue to fetch the data?

ANS: 

• Extractor is s intermediate table.
  • Records are first sent to ‘Extraction Queue’ using V1 update.
  • From ‘Extraction Queue’,(LBWQ) we need to send the records to ‘Delta Queue’ using collection run.

C) As far i have understood, delta queue gets cleared after delta is run whether bw is successfully completed extraction or not. Am i correct?

ANS: Delta Recodrs are updated in the target in LBWQ data will be clear.

D)Yesterday, i ran delta which was successfully completed. Delta queue is cleared and repeat delta queue will be populated with yesterdays data.  Am i correct?

ANS: No its not possible why? Repeat delta works only missing delta records once we do repair full request at PSA.

E) So today i run delta again which is completed successfully. So  repeat delta queue which had yesterdays data is cleared and today's data will be populated in delta queue. Am i correct?

ANS: Yes ? it will fetch repeat delta records.

I think its clear even though you have any query please fell free to clear.

Regards.

Sathya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

a)Am i going to face any loss of data due to this.? No when your last delta was failed

b)How does the extractor pull the delta data? Does it always hits the repeat delta Queue first before delta queue to fetch the data? repeat delta also will hit delta Queue

c)As far i have understood, delta queue gets cleared after delta is run whether bw is successfully completed extraction or not. Am i correct? Yes, if your delta is sucess your delta Queue will be empty

d)Yesterday, i ran delta which was successfully completed. Delta queue is cleared and repeat delta queue will be populated with yesterdays data.  Am i correct?No

e) So today i run delta again which is completed successfully. So  repeat delta queue which had yesterdays data is cleared and today's data will be populated in delta queue. Am i correct? Yes

Regards,

Chandrasekhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U will not lose any data if u go for repeat delta.Yes if u run the delta (if its repeat delta)it will fetch the last delta ..

Regards

Bhaskar

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understood from my experience once the request turns to green it will not be able to request any repeat delta and the data will be lost totally. Only once your status is red then you should be able to repeat delta. Therefore it is important to not manually change the request status to what you are not sure about especially to green.

Best Regards

David Yee