cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute on BI Platform 1.5 "loading forever"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

This is my first time using Design Studio (1.5) and I got trouble while trying to execute on BI Platform.

I changed the startup configuration to "SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform", then when I open DS I do my authentication normally.

My problem is, if I try Execute on BI Platform or open my file directly from Lauch Pad, it keeps "loading" and nothing happens.

Could anyone help me??

Thx!!!

Wasley Portes

Business Intelligence Analyst

Message was edited by: Tammy Powlas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had similar issues and resolved them.  Hopefully the steps I took help you as well. 

In the CMC, check your APS servers.  If they are split, then you should have one or two for Analysis.  Check the common services to make sure you are running "Analysis Application Service" on one of them.  If they are not split, maybe create a new APS with just the Analysis common service. 

Stop that APS and edit the command line parameters for -Xms and -Xmx to be the same value.  We used -Xms2g -Xmx2g.  Also make sure that an entry for /connectionserver exists in the parameters.

We also has some issues with our group policy blocking content.  Make sure your BI server is part of the trusted sites.  Finally we had much better luck in Chrome than IE, and IE9 wouldn't work correctly.  We upgraded to IE11 and now have similar function between IE11 and Chrome, although IE11 always renders slower than Chrome.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad Lindell,

thanks for this idea. After the creation of a second server for the service "Analysis Application Service" the execution of Design Studio Application on BI platform work fine.

We had not to change the command line parameters.

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chad... I'll send you a chocolate box.

I just created another "Analysis Application Service" and now it is working fine.

Thank and best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to have helped you both!

arijit_gupta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

First of all many thanks for sharing the steps that helped you to resolve the above mentioned behavior. Based on your's, Patrick's and Wasley's inputs, I have created the below mentioned KBA in an attempt to assist other customers to resolve the same issue in their environment:

-------

2193939 - Design Studio object is loading forever while attempting to execute on BI Platform

-------

I would request you all to review the above mentioned KBA and let me know if I have missed anything.

regards,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for thinking about create a SAP Note about this issue.

I think it's important mention the need of including above text on new server command line, avoiding "Cannot load Infoprovider" error.

"-Dbusinessobjects.connectivity.directory=<Install Path>/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/dataAccess/connectionServer"

Best Regards

Wasley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

I think you inserted all relevant information to the new SAP note.

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Patrick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an incident at SAP and I got this response, maybe it  helps.

Not running Design Studio applications on BIP usually are due to not successfully completed Design Studio BIP Add-On installations

Firstly, I would suggest you to run a repair installation for this Add-On, after stopping all BIP services except CMS.

In case the issue persists, please try to create a very simple Design studio application, without a data source, and see if it runs fine on BIP.

Also, let me know if the issue only happens on BI Lauch pad or also if you call the application from Design Studio client tool -> menu Run on platform

Thanks and Regards

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno Candido,

the repair installation is done, alle BIP services where stopped and started again, the real machine was shut down and restartet again.

The issue unfortunately persists.

Even by using a simple Design Studio applicaton (only one componente (one button) without any DataSource and Script logic).

The issue happens by opening the Design Studio application via BI Launch pad, when I call the application directly from Design Studio ("Run on platform") and by using the Mobile BI App on iPhone and iPad.

Kind regards

Patrick Mainka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

My situation is exactly like yours...

I had repaired installation, but problem persists. I try to execute directly from IDE (Execute on BI Platform) and from Launch Pad.

Nothing happens...

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wasley,

we created a support message before three days ago.

At the moment we are still in the default answers phase.

If there is any solution I am going to post it here.

In the Design Studio release note I found out that there is a Patch planned for Design Studio 1.5 for next week.

Hopefully the changes included in this patch will solve this "loading forever" issue.

Kind regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I assume NO ONE company using Design Studio can execute its files?

That's is not possible xS

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wasley - did you install the Design Studio add-on to the BI Platform?  Could you or your BI admin please check?

Also, we'll need to edit your discussion as posting your e-mail address on the forum is not allowed per the SCN rules of engagement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry about posting my e-mail, I didn't know it was not allowed. Not gonna happen again

Back to my problem... Yes, we have the latest version of add-on in our server.

Anything else to check???

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of BI4.1 & support package?

Do you have the proper access on the BI Platform?  Could you check these items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently in 4.1 SP 5

Yes, I have all privilegies. I'm using the administrator account to do this tests.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on a patch with BI4.1 SP5?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wasley - I recommend trying this on BI4.1 SP6 if you can...with Design Studio it is best to be on the latest SP on the BI platform (my experience)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

we have the same issue: execution DS applications on BIP ends in an endless loading screen.

We use BI 4.1 SP6 with DS 1.5 on a windows server.

At the moment we have no ideas to fix this issue.

Thanks for any support and help in advance

Kind regards

Patrick

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, Wasley - please see this SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1931691 - especially steps 1, 2 4 5

If that doesn't help we can move this thread to the BI Platform space where BI admins may have some other suggestions.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

no effects. After 45 minutes looking at the BO loading screen I closed the browser window.

I think there is a problem on the BI platform side regarding Design Studio 1.5 AddOn.

Kind regards

Patrick

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick - I have moved this thread to the BI Platform space to see if the community there has some suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy...

I have a SAP consultant looking for a solution, but no sucess. I hope the BI Platform community have another sugestion.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which browser you are using? There might be some restrictions on browser version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried it with several web browsers:

- Internet Explorer 11

- Firefox

- Chrome

All of these browsers work fine on BI platform 4.1 SP4.

Kind regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same to me... I've been trying in several browsers and even when I execute directly from IDE by "Execute on BI Platform" just keep loading.

Thanks and best regards.

Wasley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wasley,

I have gotten the same problem, Did you get solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunely no... I'm still getting this problem.

Best regards.

Wasley

former_member202789
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it happening with all the Design Studio documents or with few.

Could you try a simple Design Studio document without any Data Source just with one component to see if it gets loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tryed, but the same problem persisted

former_member202789
Contributor
0 Kudos

If it has never worked for you after installation, please also check this SAP note.

1773751 - Design Studio - Support Note for Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

I did the test creating a new file, with ONLY a text label and problem continues.

Best regards

Wasley

pavan_k11
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe this requires design studio add-on installed on BO server.

Can you check if the add-on is installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah... It's installed