Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports

former_member212786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created total 9 transports in one abap development and already released. Now i want find the right right one ( recent changes).

Is there a way find the right ones among the 9 transports?

Thanks & regards,

Rathinakumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rathinakumar,

Can you elaborate your requirement please, and let us know what exactly you want to achieve?

Regards,

Viraj

12 REPLIES 12

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rathinakumar,

Can you elaborate your requirement please, and let us know what exactly you want to achieve?

Regards,

Viraj

0 Kudos

I have made some changes in abap enhancement program in CMOD. My changes are there in program and append structure. For these changes, i have created 9 transports in Development and tested in test system.

Now, my requirement is instead of moving all 9 transports to production, i want chose right recent transports.

rgds,

Rathinakumar

0 Kudos

That would be the correct approach if you want to start wrecking your system.

Please merge the transports into one and send across.

Picking and choosing transports, specifically development transports is a fast track to headaches

0 Kudos

Go to each object that you actually want to transport and check version management in Utilities and you will find it is locked in which transport request. Then transport only those requests only

Regards,

Viraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please define "Right One". What do you want to with this transport?

Regards

Arden

0 Kudos

Hi,

My correct changes may be in either 2 or 3 transports. Not all 9 transports.

rgds,

Rathinakumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know, which are the Transport request contains the right solution and only those needs to be move to another client, then i would suggest go for "Transport of Copies" option from SE10 t-code.

Append the all required release transport and finally send this copied one.

regards,

Praveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rathinakumar,

Assuming that you have created ABAP development changes one after the after..

In this case Last transport created by you would and should have complete change.

You can go to SE09 filter the transports based and Name and tick released transport.

You will get all 9 transports list...the last one with bigger number would be your right transport request.

If you think that you might have done complete changes in anyone out of nine transports ...then it might be tough.

Regards

Anand

former_member199306
Participant
0 Kudos

hii rathina,

as experts said please define the term 'Right One'.

and u can see ur transport requests by using transaction SE09.

and if u want to see the recent changes in your development then go to SE 38.

• disply your report.
  • go to utilities tab
  • select version management.
  • then compare your current version with previous version.
  • you will get recent changes in your report.

Regards,

Bhupendra

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is never a good idea to leave a released TR in the devlepment system and transport the right one.

Just in case you are using multiple includes in your program there are chances that one of the include's changes are saved in the one TR and other includes are saved in other TR. In that case if you forget r leave any of the TR behind you are at risk of short dump, wrong result etc.

Instead of finding the correct TR to be transported you can create Copies of Transpose and include all the Objects of all the TR into one and Transport this one further.

Hope this helps.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not try to move the latest TR in case there are mulitiple TRs, instead you should always move the TRs in sequence in which it was created and released.

Because changes stored in one TR does not mean that it will surely be in the other TRs you may miss few changes and end up in error. Please do not move last TR always.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathinakumar,

In this thread you've essentially been given two different answers;

Pick and choose from your list of transports object by object and only transport those needed to cover the whole development.

Or

Transport them all in the order they were released.

The second option is very much the better one, the first gives you greater risk with no benefit but you seem determined to take that path.

Regards,

Nick