cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locally it works, form HANA it doen't

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I face a problem with design studio. Usually I create a dashboard and when I execute it locally it works, but when I execute the same dashboard from HANA it doesn't. For example I placed an UI5 Table 2.0 and with a HANA DataSource. When I execute it locally I have the following result:

But when I execute the same dashboard in SAP HANA after giving the Credentials (the work) then I have an endless splash screen.

Do you have any idea how can I find out what is going on? How can I fix this problem? On the log viewer of Design Studio I get no errors.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Nicholas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic problem is that I can't execute on HANA neither SDK extensions (even after installing them to HANA via the Platform Extension Tool) or Map component that is a SAP Design Studio built in component. Locally it works like a charm!!! And one of the problems is that I can't locate the missing files on my file system in order to place them in HANA.

Any ideas? Is there anyone that can execute a Design Studio map at both local and HANA mode?

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

My comments regarding your two issues:

1.  The Geo Map component is currently not supported for the HANA Platform as per SAP Note 2166923;

2.  The issue with the SDK components seems to be the same as the one Karol Kalisz is already investigating for you in the discussion of the Design Studio SDK: UI5 Table Component related to the HANA file path calculation.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I wasn't aware that SAP HANA deployment not supported for the Map component.

Yes, I placed the same question to Karol Kalisz and he responded immediatelly..I will inform you when we have some progress..

Thank you all for your help!!!!

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have changed some path calculation in the community package, now it should work also on HANA. please check with the version of right now (both repos are updated, preview and stable)

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Thank you for your help!! Now the UI5 2.0 Table works both locally and on HANA!!

Thanks for your fast response,

Nicholas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I have same issue with  GEO MAP, If I execute in HANA Platform it not working.

Same is working in Local.

Could you please help on how did u resolve this issue.

Thanks

Ali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

The problem is you installed the SDK component locally . In order to run your SDK component on HANA platform you need to install it in HANA platform(As Tammy suggested).

Please follow the below steps for Installation of the SDK component in HANA platform :

• In SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio select the menu Tools > Preferences.>Set the optionPreferred Startup Mode to the value SAP HANA

• After changing the startup mode, you will be asked to restart SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio

• After a short period of time you will be asked to logon to your SAP HANA platform

• Enter the necessary details to authenticate yourself against the system And Click OK.

• In SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio select the menu Tools > Platform Extensions.

Then you can see the Installation window you can install the Custom Add_On from there .

And also find more information in the below linkhttp://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD15/en/ds_15_dev_guide_en.pdf

Hope this would help

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen, thank you for your response.. I have successfully installed the extensions on HANA an now I get a blank screen with the errors below...

And as you see at my answer below to Tammy, I have the same problems with MAP extension too, that is a built in Design Studio component.

Thanks in advance for your help Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry for late reply,  It's clearly says that even native components also not loading then the issue is at the HANA platform side.  since am not expert in Hana administration .but the below link mite help you :

Hope this would help you

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it  🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Naveen,

Thanks for the information regarding installing the extensions in hana mode.But if i try to install the  extensions i am getting some error

please help me to resolve this error.

Thanks,

Deepa

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this 1.5?

Did you install the Design Studio add-on for HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is 1.5...

How can I check if I have installed the Add-on?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas - you would need to check with your HANA administrator and ask if they have installed the Design Studio 1.5 add-on for HANA (I am not a HANA admin)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy, thank you for your responce. I installed the Design Studio for HANA and I face the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the firebug I get the errors

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://[removedbymoderator]/sap/ui5/1/resources/sap/ui/layout/themes/sap_platinum/library.css"

and

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://[removedbymoderator]/designstudio_extensions/org_scn_community_databound/contribution.xml"

SDK Root is null

Message was edited by: Moshe Naveh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you isolate the issue by creating a crosstab and see if it executes on HANA?

You said you have a UI5 table - is this from an SDK, and was it uploaded/installed to HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy, I placed a map (the built in design studio 1.5 component) into a panel and I get the following error when I execute it on HANA (locally it works). Do I have to install GEOMAP extension to SAP Hana?? How can I do it? And what about the theme css library? Thanks in advance for your help...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas - you also need to upload the associated .CSS to the platform; please try that

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I do it? Is there a tool like "Platform Extensions" where I can upload files to HANA?

I am a little bit confused....

1) I must install SDK Extensions on HANA Platform (Done)

2) I must import the HCOBIAAS.tgz Delivery to SAP HANA (Done)

2) What about the GEO_MAP extension? It is a built in extension, do I have to install it manually on HANA? And if yes, is there any tool like the Platform Extension tool of Design Studio or I have to import it via HANA Studio? Where I can find the GEO_MAP files?

2) I must upload the library.css to HANA via HANA Studio? As you see below, there is no sap_platinum theme in the HANA Path...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas - I am not using HANA so I am sorry I can't provide specific steps.

On a related note, I do know if you want to run a Design Studio application on the BI Platform you upload CSS - see answer from David G here

I am not familiar with the GEO MAP extension SDK but my guess is yes, that would need to be installed on the BI Platform - unfortunately my experience with Design Studio and HANA is limited to the Open SAP course but from the looks of your error messages you do need to install the SDK and upload the CSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it 🙂