cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSC with partial picking from the bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have the below scenario Pick warehouse task is created from bin A which is supposed to go to Bin B. Instead of going to bin B directly it should always go via Bin C.

So the final path should be A ----C -----B

When I create pick task, system is able to trigger LOSC only when C is pick point because the pick task is a product warehouse task (destination
HU is blank) at the initial creation. System is bringing the entire source HU to pick point and asking us to break and remove partial pick from it at C.

But our requirement is we do not want to move full pallet from the bin A to bin C and instead would move partial pick from bin A directly, move to bin C and then subsequently to bin B.

Please guide with your valuable pointer for how to address the issue.

Regards,

Malay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the behaviour Venky described is correct, the system will behave this way if you confirm the WO with RF. I thought the system would also create the WT for the interim bin if a pick HU is created automatically, but I assume as the pick HU only comes from the WOCR, the WT is then dynamically changed when you confirm - but only when you confirm via RF, of course. The WT, which originally showed B as destination then changes to C, you should get another WT for C-B.

That worked for me without having the interim storage type as pick point.

Brgds

Juergen

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

LOSC can only be triggered for task with Handling units.

Try creating a Pick HU for the partial qty that you have picked and perform the transaction in RF.

Because in RF all task confirmations are done in 2 steps

i) Source to resource and

ii) Resource to destination. Since the resource to destination has HU (pick HU) it may trigger the LOSC.

I had a similar requirement where the source HU is not proposed for that storage type but i had to trigger a LOSC after picking . Whenever we  executed the transactions through desktop it wont trigger the LOSC. But when the same task was performed in RF it showed a different behavior as explained above.

Regards,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

Check below thread hope it will be useful.

Regards

Suraj