cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract resule datafrom ECC Z query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We all know we can copy the ECC tables and build up the model on HANA for analysis purpose. But if there's already Z query on ECC side to calculate something, is it possible to extract the result data directly from this Z program to HANA instead of rebuilding the whole logics on HANA?

If no, there is any work around to extract the result data directly from ECC Z program to BW side?

Thanks,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

I am not sure if I have understood your requirement clearly but I will try.

There are a few methods to get the data from ECC.

Case1 - ECC custom query SQVI. You can replicate the same query via SQ02 and create a datasource on top of it and access that datasource for getting the data

Case2: Custom program in ECC

You need to modify the program a little. I am assuming that the program output is some ALV based output. In your program, right before the data is sent to ALV, create a custom table having same structure as of Internal table sending data to ALV output. Now program will update the table with the data as per logic in the program. Once the table is updated, either replicate the table or create a Datasource on top of it using RSO2. It would be better to create another copy of the existing program and modify it so that your extraction can be executed independently.