SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Population of Amount to be paid in FP05

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FP05, we are using selection category B, that is Document. Is it possible using standard functionality to populate the amount to be paid automatically whenever, User enters Document number and Document Category as B ?

Thanks,

Viraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Viraj:

It may be possible with some - but that seems like you are using the transaction improperly.  FP05 is designed to be used for incoming payments sent in by customers.  It is not designed to be be used real-time with customers.  In that manner, I dont understand why you would not already know how much they are paying.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Viraj:

It may be possible with some - but that seems like you are using the transaction improperly.  FP05 is designed to be used for incoming payments sent in by customers.  It is not designed to be be used real-time with customers.  In that manner, I dont understand why you would not already know how much they are paying.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

William, indeed it is designed to be used for incoming payments. But in our scenario, most of the time, incoming payment and receivable amount is same. So, to avoid human error in entering payment amount manually I would like to populate it automatically.

Regards,

Viraj

0 Kudos

Why not use cash desk then?  If agent is entering and wants to use document number.  That transaction is designed to provide feedback to the user.  Populating the value in FP05 will create the opposite problem - wrong payment amounts entered because the user no longer enters it manually.

0 Kudos

Thanks William. Will go for cash desk.