cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing default view of Filter Panel in Design Studio 1.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement where I need to change the default view of filter panel and to set it as per the requirement.

Here are the screenshots of default and requirements.

DEFAULT:

REQUIREMENT:

I've tried with css changes also but unable to fix it. Here is the reference of my css

/************************************************************************************/

/* Template

/* GENERAL

/************************************************************************************/

.myNav .sapUiBorderLayout.sapzenfilterpanel-ModeNavigation.sapzenfilterpanel-

NavigationAxisFilterAll.sapzenfilterpanel-PopupContainer,

.myNav .sapzenfilterpanel-PopupContainer, .sapzenfilterpanel-PopupContainerDialog

{

border: none;

}

.myBackgroundWhite{

background-color: #ffffff !important;

}

/***********************************************************************************************/

Hope I can fix it with your support

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Saran Velicheti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

The blog post Tweaking Navigation Mode in a Filter Panel may possibly provide some ideas to solve your requirement.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I had gone through that blog before I posted my question here but it is just to hide rows & columns. My issue is setting default button, though i tried many css changes along with hide rows and columns, I'm unable to fix it. I hope I can find a way here.

Regards,

Sai Saran Velicheti.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

I've taken another look at this.  Changing the default button seems like changing the functionality, so I don't think you'll be able to achieve this with CSS.  There don't appear to be any script methods to set the default either.  Unless others have ideas, I think you might need to accept the standard default.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mustafa,

Thanks for the response. I hope we can have script methods to set the default moving further in Design studio. expecting more helpful answers .

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Saran Velicheti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

As Mustafa said, We cannot achieve this by CSS. But we can have a work-around to achieve this in Design studio with VisualBI solutions custom extensions.

Step 1: Add Data-source to the Design studio application

Step 2: Add Filter panel component to the canvas and assign the data-source to it.

Step 3: Execute the application and get into the console menu of the browser.

The idea of entering Console menu is that, to get the ID of second button in the filter panel.

In my case, the ID of that button is "__button8", It may differ for you. Get into console menu and get the ID of that button.

Step 4: Add our custom component Script-Box to the canvas. and enter the code as shown below and click Enter.

Step 5: Click save and reload application, you can even see that second button "Navigation View" is set to default.

Hope this will help you.

Feel free to look at this component here - http://visualbi.com/sap-design-studio/dsx-extensions/

Thanks,

Babu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I am not really seeing the difference between the default and the requirement other than the fields listed; could you please clarify?  I don't think CSS will impact the order of the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy Powlas,

Thanks for the quick response. My requirement is setting the default button not regarding order of the fields.

DEFAULT BUTTON :

REQUIREMENT :

FIRST BUTTON indicates all the fields where as SECOND BUTTON indicates like ROWS & COLUMNS fields. We need SECOND BUTTON as DEFAULT BUTTON.

Regards,

Sai Saran Velicheti.

Message was edited by: saran velicheti