Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLG1 with long texts

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement to create an application log in SLG1 so the customer would be able to find out what's going on in a given procedure we trigger on the systems.

I have created a brief program using the info I have retrieved on the internet and seems to be working fine!. But, still, there are a question I would like to ask you:

1.- We are currently invoking some SQL Procedures in the process, The log displays the information shortened!.

We would need to be able to get both the parameters we are calling the procedure with and also the extended information returned from the procedure.

I've been searching some information to get the errors from the sql calls. ( with try....catch.... ), but have not found a proper way to make it work.

i would really appreciate if someone could give me a clue. .

Kind regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We would need to be able to get both the parameters we are calling the procedure with and also the extended information returned from the procedure.

Very good use case for the use of appl. log "context". You can refer to the demo program - SBAL_DEMO_02.

5 REPLIES 5

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Very good use case for the use of appl. log "context". You can refer to the demo program - SBAL_DEMO_02.

0 Kudos

Dear Suhas Saha,

Thank you very much for your help!. It was great point there!. At least I have had a better point to start at this point....:).

0 Kudos

Hi Raúl Daimiel ,

you can create a also st22 with this program to get a whole software to monitor others, in one program,

so SLG1 for users, and st22 for devlopers, and you can get everything what you want

and many options

any problem could you face, just let us to know

look to  this example, it could help you .,

Application Logging in SAP Using ABAP - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Regards

Ibrahim

0 Kudos

Dear Ibrahim Hatem,

Thank you so much for your valuable help!!. Definitelly, both of your comments has been helpful enough to make it quite clear!!. Thank you!

I've just realized that I should have built a message in SE61 for additional info and then filling the parameters in APPEND l_s_par TO l_s_msg-params-t_par as required.... good!.

It would work fine when we are executing the procedure online. But the remaining question

would be how to retrieve parameters from the PROCEDURE when we trigger it in a batch input?.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you dont need for batch input, just take it easy, you can use the functions modules to display ur output,

there is a FM to retrieve log files from database, and you can display it in your own ALV:;

so in FM , you will get ITAB ( APP LOG ) and just display it as want.

so this waht could help you.

'BAL_DB_SEARCH'

'BAL_DB_LOAD'

'BAL_LOG_MSG_READ'

Try this, and tell us

Regards

Ibrahim