cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising email/sms alert in solman technical monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My solman version is 7.1 SP12. I'm currently configuring email and SMS alerts for Technical Monitoring. I'm receiving the email alert correctly which contains an html attachment as well. I've interfaced this alerting to an sms gateway server so that I can receive an SMS also apart from the email. However, I'm getting very limited information in the SMS. I want to know whether it's possible to customise the content of the email alert. I've read about creating of BADIs for this purpose but I would like to know if there are some other alternative. Pls advise.

regards,

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

We use BADI for this purpose and already we have some documents on SCN for the same.

Also, check below links on this.

You may refer - Setting Up Alert Notifications - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thanks for the info.

I've checked and will have development team look into it and give a feedback here.

regards,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thanks for the info. I found a feature that was useful to me without BADI customisation. In system monitoring, step 2.2 Configure manually - content customization, there is an option for email in the format Managed Object Name: Alert Name.

So when we get an alert (email or SMS), for e.g. it's in the format <SID>: Oracle database not available. This is quite meaningful.

regards,

Suraj

Answers (0)