cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on importing data to a schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to delete an object(say table,schema, etc.) HANA displays the following:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [417] (at 12): can't drop without CASCADE specification:

Is there a way to determine which objects will be affected on deleting with cascade option. Currently, it just asks us to use cascade without giving list of objects which might get affected. Also, please share that if some objects in a schema depend on another schema then how do i break the dependency since I would want to delete the another schema

Also, I tried exporting data as binary from a schema in HANA and then tried using the following import command but it generates error. Any help will be greatly appreciated:

IMPORT "ABC"."*" AS BINARY from '/home/Export' with RENAME SCHEMA "ABC" TO "ABCD";

The error thrown is:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: table import failed: [2003] An index already exists with the same name

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you try to perform the DROP TABLE CASCADE from the object navigator menu in SAP HANA Studio, you will be presented with a list of affected objects.

That would be the easy option.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You can check the where used list for any schema or table before you delete it.

Please check the below article.

SAP HANA Where-used list

It seems like the import you are trying to do has an index which already already exist in the schema. please check once.

Regards,

Venkat N.