cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

601 movement type didnot happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with one delivery document, 601 movement type did not happen in it.

User changed the schedule line category in sales order and created delivery and invoice for one line item and now he wants 601 to happen

As accounting document also cleared, is their any way to do it manually.

This is urgent issue please

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subash ,

It is not recommended to use the below solution . But if your business accept to use, then only you can proceed other wise please ignore .

kindly check GL's used against the existing movement type which you already delivered and compare with 601 moment type . if it matches then take the abaper help and change the movement type against that delivery in the standard table (ex --MSEG ) through debugging .

Note - Kindly check in the Testing system before doing in production system .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CB,

Are you seriously suggesting to change values in standard table directly?

Subash,

Donot suggest this to your client...your employement could come in danger.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you explain more about this issue ? first what movement you had done ?

with out goods issue how you have ceated invocie .

601 movement for goods issue only . please clarify .

Regards

venkata rami reddy .konduri

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkata,

OP is not saying GI is not complete. GI can be done with other movement types than 601 also. The scenario is that user had choosen a schedule line category manually in the order, which has a movement type other than 601. Goods left the warehouse (PGI) and customer was billed, accounting document was cleared.

Now user wants to do this entire process with 601.

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here, we have to know which movement type was used initially, if atall we have to reverse this.

First I think, the impact of the wrong movement type used should be negated.

Regards

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

If there is a process in place for the returns for the original sale process, then there might not be an impact, yes money part needs to be checked and this reversal process needs to be checked. But in essence, we don't need to know the movement type.

If there isn't a returns/reversal process, then things get way more complicated.

Thanks for your input!

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not possible without reversing invoice and changing the schedule line category in sale order. Use has selected some schedule line category which doesn't has movement type 601. Reverse the invoice and change the schedule line category again which has 601 movement type in it.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accountind document also cleared, can it be reversed ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can reverse the document using FB08.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

I am not an FI analyst, but if accounting document is cleared, then you should not try to reverse the process. As a test, I tried to cancel an invoice for which accounting document was cleared, and I could cancel.

But I would ask the FI team (client) for advice, before I do anything.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fi people are saying it reversing accounting doc is not as per the business process, user is asking for 601 movement type, Is there any way other than reversing accounting doc

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi subhash,

either you have to cancel the invoice and then reverse goods issue and re-do goods issue with 601 movement type.

Else, give us the details of the movement type used for this goods issue. depending on its accounting entries, you may use some goods movement to create the desired effect.(like through MB1C, etc..)

Thanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

subash,

you can create the return process, for the goods that need to be send with 601.

from original billing document > return order > re dlv > re bill, and then the sales cycle with 601. But ask FI department if creating credit memo is ok (as you are doing RE process)

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

There has been a sale of goods, then how your suggestion of goods movement can help reverse the sale?

TW

Else, give us the details of the movement type used for this goods issue. depending on its accounting entries, you may use some goods movement to create the desired effect.(like through MB1C, etc..)
jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The OP has to come back and give us the details of the movement type used. We are not sure about the goods movement, and as the billing is done, then we assume that its a sale (stock moved out of SL) . Now, the stock could have moved from  a restricted/blocked/safety stock etc..

If the invoice cancellation and reversal of GI is possible then its easy & good. If not then my suggestion may be considered regarding goods movement.

Regards

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

pardon me...i don't get how goods movement can create the same effect as reversing a sale? Customer was charged money and company has earned money by selling material, how will that be reversed by goods movement?

TW

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subash,

What message you get when you try to post the same in VL02n?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

PGI is greyed out in VL02n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Please check the configuration of the schedule line cat and see what movement type is used there.

Also, you can reverse the PGI using VL09 and do PGI again using VL02N.

I suspect the Schedule line cat config.

Thanks
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As I mentioned It is due to schedule line change and invoice also done accounting document also cleared so it is now not possible to reverse PGI and again do PGI, this option is ruled out

Is there any way that user can manully do 601 movement type or any other option please suggest