Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of Authorization Relevant on other solution

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If new solution e.g.Solution10 required Authorization Relevant check in 0COMP_CODE but already implemented Solutions 1 to 9 doesn't required Authorization Relevant check in 0COMP_CODE.

So if Solution10 checked Authorization Relevant in 0COMP_CODE then what impact occurred on already implemented Solutions 1 to 9?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Correct me if I'm wrong, for solution 1 to 9 will have different authorization object compared to solution 10. For each T-code OR solution there will be seperate authorization objects and you will be defining the rule that based Comp Code solution 1 Authorization object should allow/deny.

with this assumption, if you restrict the access to solution 1 with Comp Code. It shouldn't impact others.

Let's wait for other expert's feedback on the same and conclude.

Thanks,

Umashankar

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umashankar

Solution 1 to 9 not used Comp Code as authorization relevant object but in Solution10 required Comp Code as authorization relevant object.

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If 0Compcode it self not present in 1-9 ..its present in only solution 10 then it will not impact for 1-9.

Can you try it in dev system.

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

0Compcode is present in all 9 solutions.

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you will need to give new authorizations on this object to the users of these 9 applications.

Regards,

Fred

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I agree with and .

It shouldn't impact 1 to 9 and give new authorization for these using different Authorization Objects.

Thanks,

Umashankar

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Users of Solution10's requirement is authorization on 0COMP_CODE I mean few users are authorize to Comp. Code XYZ, few users are authorize to Comp. Code ABC and rest of them are authorize to all comp. code.

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I did not understand your requirement clearly..But 0comp_code is not authorization relevant previously and now you are making it then defiantly it will impact at every place where it is used.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

Thanks for reply.

If it will impact at every place where it is used then all the DSOs & Cubes where it used are deactivate or other impact also occurs please mentioned it.

And what will we do after the impact occurs so that our previous solutions are working again smoothly?

Thanks