cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected Post

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I posted a question on ABAP Forum and it was rejected.  I understand it was a basic topic and generally covered, but I was having a challenging time understanding the concept.  I put out my problem in a short concise manner and the community was responding with no ire and then it was removed.. Can you help replace my post for user S0002732161 on "Access Field-Symbol Components"?  I'd like to review the comments that were posted before it was taken down..   Also is there a way to know why a post was rejected without guessing by reading the rules?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I rejected your post on the grounds that it is a FAQ. I always put a reason for rejection. You should see it in your actions -> notifications. In case you didn't the reason it was rejected was that it is a Frequently Asked Question well covered and can be researched by a little searching.

The fact that many people responded is kind of irrelevant.In fact most the responders are people I recnogise as serial spoonfeeders, who's lack of cooperation with moderators is not appreciated. Also consider your post that I've just rejected "Help with Creating Reference Variables etc.". (reason give: Please do not ask for documentation, tutorials links or other material.) You've marked as the correct answer the response which contains two links. I.e. someone has searched for you, and posted the results. I've now rejected his answer as well and removed the points.

The reason why such questions are rejected is that they attract posting consisting of just links, or copy pasted from elsewhere, and if not rejected we end up with the same information posted many times. This actively, in the view of the administrators and moderators, harms the site.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.  Cannot say that I agree with the hardline, but appreciate your comments back.  Best Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth

As per forum rules if you are repeating content then it is not value addition & it will be removed from posting by Moderator. When they reject they always justify the same. Please check your email , you should get it. 

And there is no way to reject the post without reading. Most likely it will be visible only to you in your account only.  

Regards

Dheeraj