cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add/customize symbols in powerdesigner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to know how to add symbols in the toolbox or customize them in the tool box in the Powerdesigner.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neeharika,

you have to create an Extension and define it there by f.e. extending an existing metaclass (via stereotyping)... if you want to have them available in the Toolbox on the right handside, you have to mark them on the stereotype level by selecting "Use as MetaClass". Then thy will pop-up in the Toolbox

Cheers,

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

Thank you so much.I will follow this definitely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

I had tried the way you suggested me regrding customization of symbols,but can add or customize the symbols with the help of pre existing ones only.Is there any chance to add new symbols in the toolbox which are not present already.can I add a new one which I had designed?If yes,how can I do it?Please let me know these things.It will help me a lot.

Thanks & Regards,

Neeharika.

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, you mean, you have designed a new metaclass? Then you have to follow the same steps for the new metaclass as for the stereotype... Or are we not talking about a new metaclass? Regards, Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,actually I am trying to do that.Well I can add new metaclass but couldnt create a newone according to  my requirement.please check the screenshots I have sent you and let me know whether I am going in a right way or not.

Thanks,

Neeharika.

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Select "Toolbox custom tool" as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried to create meta classes in Powerdesigner through stereotypes and had created new extensions and symbols.But I am unable to add any other symbols to the existing tool boxes.Could anyone suggest me if there exists any way to add symbols to the existing toolboxes.

Thanks,

Neeharika.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Not possible. Your new metaclass will show in a new toolbox.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you chris!Well I have another doubt.Though I am able to create the new tool box with the new symbols,they are not getting displayed in the customization of tools and menus window.They get appeared only in the right side  tool bar but are not visible in the customization window.How can they get appeared in the customization window also.I  had  created a new toolbar menu but I didn't find how to add new commands to that toolbar.

Please let me know how can I add the newly designed toolbox to that customization window?

Thanks,

Neeharika.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neeharika

You don't need to customise the toolboxes - the 'newext' toolbox automatically appears when the current model has that extension attached to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks George!!!

Answers (0)