SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario to be handled in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a scenario which I need to handle while billing. We have one installation which is flat billing based on the x amount/ week. so if the billing period is for 8 weeks, then total will be 8x amount. Now for few cases customer have one flag set in the installation fact level with valid from and valid to date. for this flag validity period the billing amount should be zero. so, for example if the billing period is 01/01/2015 till 01/03/2015. and the value of flag is set as 1 with period 15/01/2015 till 01/03/2015.
so it means the billing should happen only for 01/01/2015 till 14/01/2015. for the remaining period the amount should be added as zero.

I am not sure how to handle this scenario using standard variants in schema.

Any pointers or information will be helpful.

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

Maintaining a day based price would be a better option.

I assume currently the price is maintained at Rate category level, how about overriding with 0 price in the installation facts for the period you don't want to bill. Not sure, if this will work.

if it works, then price value will be picked from rate category facts for the period you want to bill and zero price will be picked from installation facts for the period you mention in the installation facts.

Regards,

Sathyadeep.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

I would suggest you instead of maintaining flag at installation fact level, maintain a value for number of days for which you want the billing amount as zero.

Lets say, your billing period is 01/01/2015 to 31/01/2015 and lets say for period 15/01/2015 to 31/01/2015 you want billing amount to be zero. So, You maintain Installation Fact operand value 15 days with validity period 01/01/2015 to 31/01/2015.

Now, to get total number of days in your billing period use the standard program COMPUT20. You will get total number of days in your period. Here it is 31.

Now use COMPUT03 program to multiply the operand(which you have maintained at installation fact level) with -1. So, you will get value -15.

Now Add 31 and -15 using program COMPUT04. You will get value 15.

Now multiply 15 with the flat rate. you will get your resulting billing amount for only first 15 days only.

Thanks,

Viraj.

0 Kudos

Your rate is per week, so before calculating final amount, divide number of days by 7 to get number of weeks. and then multiply it by rate. In above scenario, it will be 15/7 = 2.14. So, final bill amount would be 2.14x.

Thanks

Viraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

Maintaining a day based price would be a better option.

I assume currently the price is maintained at Rate category level, how about overriding with 0 price in the installation facts for the period you don't want to bill. Not sure, if this will work.

if it works, then price value will be picked from rate category facts for the period you want to bill and zero price will be picked from installation facts for the period you mention in the installation facts.

Regards,

Sathyadeep.

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

I tried this scenario in testing server and able to achieve the requirement. 

Steps

1. 1. Create Two Price keys (EA89) with Price category "Flat price" & Price type "Standard price"

Time category day with basis as 1 day

Maintain price value in the price keys, One price key with actual value (Example 10 $) and one with fixed 0 $

1. 2. Create Rate

In 1st step calculate billing days (Variant COMPUT20)

In second step calculate weeks (Billing Days/ 7)( Variant COMPUT03)

In 3rd step Calculate amount (Variant LUMSUM01 & make this step as non-posting relevant in schema)

In 4th step calculate 1/Billing days (Meaning if billing days are 35 calculate 1/35 factor using COMPUT03 variant

In last step multiply amount calculated in 3rd step with factor calculated in 4th step (Variant LUMSUM02 & Make this step as posting relevant in schema)

In the rate or rate-category fact maintain price operand with actual value (Example 10 $) & maintain the same operand in the installation fact and maintain price key with value 0 for the period you don't want to bill.

so if you have a billing period 31.03.2015 to 29.04.2015 & you don't want to bill for 05.04.2015 to 15.04.2015 so by doing above changes bill doc will have below 3 line items (I am considering 10 $ per week )

From 31.03.2015 to 04.04.2015   Amount = 7.14 $

From 05.04.2015 to 15.04.2015   Amount = 0.00 $

From 16.04.2015 to 29.04.2015 Amount = 20.14 $

Total bill amount = 27.14 $

Please find the attached bill

0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

The same you can do by creating price key category as "time-dependent"  and using variant "COMPUT24" .... So rather than 5 steps (Inside rate ) same output can be achieve in one step.