Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding CUA Distribution model..

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I need to find out programmatically the system on which I’m executing a program is a child or master (If the info is stored in some database table), in case it is a child how to determine the master and connect to it, subsequently do some changes in the ROLE tab of the user in Master for SU01 t-code.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not an ABAPer, however - logically this is what we can do/

If you are doing it programmatically then perhaps you should write a list on systems and mark one of them as master. This list can be kept as a flat file and then supplied as a variant or can be hardcoded in the code itself. Or simply hard code the master system name. Then you can always redirect the  request from child system to master as there will be only one check, - "If master then else"

If you have multiple master, then you can prepare a flow chart 1st on how you want to determine child and the task you need to perform. Once you have the algorithm ready, we can substitute that with actual code.

If I took query incorrectly, please apprise me for the same.

Regards,

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

If hard coding can be avoided then it would be great.  I mean the data would have to store in a table or combination of tables, If I can get the same using a SQL or a FM that would be great.

Your proposed solution also works. Appreciate your response.

Regards,

Tushar.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can share the flow or algorithm then we can find out tables and FMs that can help.

Regards,

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

The flow is to lock or delete users as per the inputs to the report program and then remove the system from the role tab of the SU01 t-code of the master system.

As an example if my report program has 2 input values 90 & 120, then users who are inactive for more than 90 days should be locked and users inactive more than 120 should be deleted, additionally if it's a CUA environment then remove the system entry where the program is being executed from the role tab of the SU01 t-code of the master system of the selected user's who are to be deleted.

This is te flow of the program.

Regards,

Tushar.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tushar,

In order to understand, how the flow would work,we should first understand the vital elements of CUA.

For eg, the logical system, the RFCs, distribution model etc.

Central User Administration(CUA) configuration - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Once we have the idea of this, I would go for a debug of all these programs(via tcodes) involved to identify potential tables and FM. Since, I am not a coder, I would take help from ABAP team to help me in debugging this. Once I have these tables and FM, I would place them in my code and do a dry run. Places which are still vacant in my flowchart, will next be addressed.

That is how I personally would work. I may be not precise with my approach, however, in such manner I can get lots of info to finalize my approach thus code.

Let me see if I can get access to any CUA system, I will share details on tables with you.

Regards,

Answers (0)