cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Log Settings After Service Restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When i restart my SMP server service my log settings under Server Log Configuration resets all the log types to Disabled and i have to go and enable them all again.

Is there any way to make the log settings enabled automatically when the service is restarted?

Regards

Riaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. I need to enable logging forever. Restarting the system turns logging to disabled. I already changed the json file and also edited the table from mssql. TraceEnabled turns back into 0

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is an operational characteristic of the server.  You could probably backup and try and modify \SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.logging.components.json and set TraceEnabled=1 for the setting. 

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I've tried changing the value to 1 however as soon as the SMP service starts up again it reverts to 0.

Any ideas?

Regards

Riaz

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Understand, it is probably picking it up from the table SMP_SERVER_TRACE_LOG_LEVEL in the persistence database.  Mind you, this isn't tested nor is modifying the database manually advised, but you could try and set the column ISTRACEENABLED to 1.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

How do i access the persistence database?

Regards

Riaz

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is your persistence database? Is it Derby?

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you are using the developer edition, it would be Derby or SQL Anywhere depending on release version.  Production version is user supplied database.

Regards,

Kevin Bates