Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Strategy Group 74 or other

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have the following requirements for MRP

1) I have one finished product A and in that semi finished material is B. User enter the requirement for A in MD61 and also want to enter for B.

For Example A - 20 Quantity in MD61 (Planning strategy group at finished level 11)

B - 5 Quantity in MD61

So now users want that requirements generated for 25 quantity ( We have make to stock strategy - Gross Requirement planning at finished level)

Now i Tried with 70, but in this case i have to enter 25 in MD61 for B.

But issue is that B can be assigned in multiple BOM of finished products. So 70 can not be used.

Should i go for 74. Planned order generated with 74 get reduced at the time of backflush. How it works.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try using Planning w/o Final Assembly at Assembly Level (74) for SFG.

Please refer this useful link,

Planning w/o Final Assembly at Assembly Level (74) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

The planned orders are independent requirements with order type VP . This order type cannot be converted (note the Conversion field in the display of the planned order).

I think planning strategy 70 should work for you.

Advance Procurement - Material - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thread Closed

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

You are correct in planning strategies 70 and 74 you will have to include the demand of the FG before hand to create the PIR for the sub assembly, as the PIR is consumed by the dependent demand from the finished product. Difference is in 74 the planned order are non convertible similar to what happens in 52.

So to answer your question what is this extra requirement of 5 for. Is it for anticipated sale of the SFG or for extra production to cover sudden change in FG demand.

If it's to cover for external sale of the SFG then use strategy 40 for the SFG as well. It will plan for 25. 20 from dependent demand and 5 from the PIR.

in the other case you need to use 70 or 74 and PIR should be covering anticipated FG demand as well.

Regards

Abhishek