Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to install Nakisa STVN /SOVN the sequence

Dear Experts,

I am planning for complete installation of Nakisa (STVN / SOVN) and need your help to understand the installation sequence.

I also read nakisa related sap notes and respective installation documents from SMP, but still few things are not clear to me.

ERP: eccehp7

NW: 7.4

DB: Oracle 11.2

I have already installed Nakia Add-on 410_740_RF as part ehp7 upgrade.  Now what should i install or only the transports i should import.?

When i checked service market place was confused, that which zip file i should download and whether to install or only the transport import is enough.

can some one pls guide me here..

thanks

Shafir

Former Member
replied

Good question and I agree it isn't exactly clear from the example if your situation matches that case.  Is a service pack classed as a version for these purposes?  Does a version count any time there is an updated version of the add-on released?

I think you have two realistic options you could pursue.

1. You could raise an OSS to confirm if you need to do this - and end up doing either method.
  2. You could go ahead and do the incremental "step-up" updates.

Option 1 may save you effort (or it may add a little).

Option 2 would save you time if you were ready and able to do this now.

There have been issues in the past with skipping over add-on versions and I think they can be a little painful to resolve.  Applying incremental updates or starting with a fresh install ensures that you have exactly what you need in place and I think they work on the basis of lowest level of risk.

Regards,

Stephen.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question