SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter ID for COTYP not defaulting in Tcode FPCOPARA

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I set up my User profile with a Parameter ID : COTYP with a value of "0003", but it doesnt default in tcode FPCOPARA.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make it default in?

Thanks and regards,

Ivor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Technically, the parameter ID set at the User profile is not being called in the import parameters when transaction FPCOPARA is being executed.

I checked through SHD0 as well, but its not possible to set the value for the correspondence type.

An alternate option would be to create a master template for the correspondence type-0003 and copy the master template everytime you want to execute a correspondence run.

Moreover,if you still want to go ahead with your requirement, then you have to use the access key to make changes in the include LFKK2EVE under standard program, SAPLFKK2, where in based on the parameter id COTYP in the User profile, you can set the parameter SO_COTYP.

However, this option is not at all recommended.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Did you try it after logging out and then logging again?

Thanks

Viraj

0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

Yes, I did a couple of times.

Is there some sort of Basis setting that I dont know about?

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

No there is no Basis settings needed. Just maintain it in user profile and it should fetch it from there. Though you will not see the default value on screen, But it will take it from user profile while executing the program.

Thanks

Viraj

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ivor -FPCOPARA - and other mass activities  - are not designed to use parameter ids.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Technically, the parameter ID set at the User profile is not being called in the import parameters when transaction FPCOPARA is being executed.

I checked through SHD0 as well, but its not possible to set the value for the correspondence type.

An alternate option would be to create a master template for the correspondence type-0003 and copy the master template everytime you want to execute a correspondence run.

Moreover,if you still want to go ahead with your requirement, then you have to use the access key to make changes in the include LFKK2EVE under standard program, SAPLFKK2, where in based on the parameter id COTYP in the User profile, you can set the parameter SO_COTYP.

However, this option is not at all recommended.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hey Ivor / Amlan ...  There is an implicit enhancement at the bottom of the include LFKK2EVE.   Believe you could fill SO_COTYP with the default type without changing the SAP code.

Joe

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's probably total overkill if all you are looking to accomplish is quickly defaulting one field, but it's possible to create dedicated custom Mass Activity, while reusing most of what SAP has developed for FPCOPARA. It does involve some programming, but there are no standard modifications. Here is how the correspondence selections tab look like compared to FPCOPARA for dedicated Installment Plan Dunning letter printing:

Basically, the subscreen on correspondence restrictions tab is ours, it gets/sets the select options from/to SAP standard. OSS Note 144461 - Mass activities: Step-by-step setup and understanding how FPCOPARA is set up was enough to create a copycat. It's not a trivial task, but if you are interested, I can provide more details.

cheers

Jānis