cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle client for Crystal Server 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received an error when I tried to run a crystal report in Crystal Server 2013 (please see the attached screenshot). I think the Crystal Server has problems talking to the Oracle database. (The report is pointing to an Oracle database.) Oracle client is installed and oracle connection is tested successfully on the server.

For Crystal Server 2013 on a 64-bit Windows Server 2008, which version of Oracle client is required? Does it  need Oracle client 32 bit or 64 bit?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Songmei,

I'm not sure that your ORACLE clients was succesfully installed on the machine.

"Does it  need Oracle client 32 bit or 64 bit?"

The designer is 32-bit, the server processes that support it are 64-bit. You need to install both 32 and 64 bit versionand being sure to copy an identical tnsnames.ora to each.

There are two common scenarios for SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 customers that require installation of 32-bit and 64-bit client tools on the same server.

The first scenario occurs when the BI platform and its client tools are installed on the same server.  The BI 4.x platform is (mostly) 64-bit, yet all of its client tools such as the Information Design Tool or Universe Design Tool are 32-bit. 

A second scenario occurs when the BI 4.0 platform must support Crystal Reports 2011 reports (Or Crystal Reports 2013 on the BI 4.1 platform).  The Crystal Reports 2011/2013 processing server requires 32-bit middleware.

The 64-bit middleware should be installed first. Use a directory name of client_64.  Then install the 32-bit middleware, using a directory name of client_32.

Notice that use C:\Oracle as the home directory. But be sure that both installations have identical copies of a single, standard tnsname.ora file in their respective network/admin folders.

"For Crystal Server 2013 on a 64-bit Windows Server 2008, which version of Oracle client is required?"

What is the database driver and the version of driver?

Please see the all supported drivers and versions in Product Availability Matrix(PAM) document:

Jump to 20th page and click on "CR 2013 Data Access"

Open the sap cr 2013 4.1 for boe supported platforms - v1.6.1 xls file then you will see the all supported ORACLE Database drivers and versions.

Please let me know if it's help.

Regards,
István

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Songmei,

You can refer to the following SAP links for the error observed:

1860501 - "Failed to open the connection. ~tmpxxxxxxxxx.rpt Details: [Database Vendor Code: 12154]" error when scheduling a Crsytal Reports 2011 report in CMC or BI launchpad

1204916 - Error: "ORA-12154" when connecting to Oracle from a Windows 64-bit platform

2056846 - The viewer could not process an event. Failed to open the connection. Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119] with Oracle ODBC.

Hope this helps.

-Renu

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It requires 64 bit client.

What is your Oracle DB version? 10g??

former_member202789
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually issue is the other way around. You have installed 64-bit Oracle Client and tested it successfully on 64-bit Windows Server 2008. you need to install 32 bit Oracle Client on the server for connection with Crystal Reports 2013 Services.

If your CMS & Audit Database is also on oracle then that would require 64 bit Oracle Client. Please check SAP manual on how to install both 64 bit  & 32 bit Oracle on BI Platform server. If you need oracle client just for Crystal Reports 2013 then 32-bit should be enough.

Animesh