cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 to PO migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have read quite a few blogs about the migration tool and how to migrate from PI to PO but all these tools talk about the Dictionary objects migration.

I wanted to know that how does the ESR objects be moved from PI 7.1 to PO.

Currently we are using File transports in PI 7.1, if the transport of the objects can help to move from PI to PO, can we use File transports to move from PI to PO?

Or does it need to be CTS transports.

Please help.

Thanks,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hetal,

For migration,

ESR objects - File transport to new Dev. Then CTS+ to new QA and PRD.

ID objects - Directory cockpit.

SLD object - manually create objects.

CTS+ transport from old Dev (PI7.1) to new Dev (PO7.4) is not recommended/difficult.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for quick response.

This means that currently we are using File transports to move from DEV -> QA -> PRD and we do not have to implement CTS + transport in our current landscape. With PO implementation we can move ESR objects from PI 7.1 to PO 7.4 with File transport and in PO environment from DEV -> QA -> PRD we can move our objects with CTS + transport.

Thanks,

Hetal

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

For ESR objects, from PI7.11 Dev to PO7.4 Dev, use file transport. In PO7.4 use CTS+.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently in PI 7.0 to PO 7.4 migration project.

Manual Creation of SWC objects in SLD generated unique GUID and import of ESR/ID objects from old system (PI 7.0) have different GUID.

I have two software component Versions now with same name under my Software Component.

How to handle this Conflict?

Do I need to delete the SWCV entry in SLD and export it from my old system ? Please provide me the solution.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Ideally you should have performed a Export / Import of the SWCV from the SLD to make sure you have the same GUID.
  • But now that you have a issue where the locally created SWCV has a different GUID, below blog shows how to update the GUID in the SLD so that it matches what is in the ESR :
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the response

Best Regards,

Suresh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @bhavesh,

While moving ESR objects transports should be.

PI old prod --> PO DEV

or PI DEV -- > PO DEV

Please confrim.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best practise is to perform production export and then dev import so that your most consistent and valid production code is used as the baseline for the migration. in your PI dev you will have inconsistent versions unused objects that need not be carried over to the next PO landscape and hence this should be production PI to Dev PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh,

I have already done from PI dev to PO dev.

If i do export from PI prod to PO Dev., what are the impacts>?

Do i need to import SAP BASIS objects also?

I am using SAP BASIS 7.4 by including it in underlying SWCV? Is that fine?

Best Regards,

Suresh S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 Options,

• Delete all swcv in Dev except SAP basis 7.40 and import from prod - best option. Very clean.
  • import objects from prod into Dev PO and then manually resol conflicts - can lead to errors and bugS
  • you need to import all PI custom SwCv. Check with your PI development team.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you..

Do i need to import SAP Basis component 7.0 also along with it.?

or Custom SWCV alone are sufficient and create dependency of SAP BASIS 7.4 in PO 7.4 ?

Please confirm.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only Custom SWCV is enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vikas

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

Yes, for ESR objects, we would go for file transport since the new PI version are in a different transport flow.

For ID objects, you can use migration tool provided by SAP in your new PI system if the design remains same.

For interfaces which need to be adapt to the new PI version, then you might need to create manually according to the design in new PI system.

For SLD part, you can just export from old environment and import it to new environment.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

Basically in PO you have three modes working with transports.

• CTS +
  • NWDI  (SAP's recommended way)
  • CTS Services (It's a mix CTS+ and NWDI)

I would suggest you to have both CTS+ and NWDI (CTS+ for PI objects and NWDI for Java and BPM/BRM objects)

You can effectively manage objects version and transports using NWDI. Very much helpful for BPM/BRM objects.

---------------------------------------------

When comes to migration from PI to PO

ESR/SLD objects-->File Transports

ID objects-->Directory cockpit.

Regards

Venkat