cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.UNV Numeric Character Length Limitation???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help... Critical,

Server2008R2 - BO 4.1 Support Pack 5 Patch 1 - Oracle 11.2.0

Numeric objects returned from .unv universe to WEBI are rounded if length of numeric value is greater that 15 characters in length. Changing the object number format in the universe has no impact. Example 3000000000425681 is incorrectly rounded to 3000000000425680. This field is a key field and there are hundreds of similar objects in multiple tables. Talk about #MULTIVALUE!!! If the object type in the universe is changed from numeric to character type the correct value 3000000000425681 is returned so it appears that oracle is passing the correct information. So it seams that somehow the length is to long and rounding is enforced for numeric objects. Changing the object types to something other than numeric is not an option for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member285534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I've read about your problem and the KB article.  It seems you have no other choice than looking for a workaround at the semantic layer level.

Please let me ask this question: why "changing the object types to something other than numeric" is not an option for you?  Because of the hundreds of tables and fields you would have to affect in a similar way at your universe?

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was afraid of this. Thank you for your accurate response. I have had a incident in with SAP for a week with absolutely zero results.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you send the support ticket to the wrong component, like this forum discussion?

i've re-routed this thread to "semantic layer" for you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did I post this question in the wrong location or does no one within the SAP organization that actually know the answer to the question?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is limitation and by design Check this KB

1201081  - Cannot display a numeric value greater than 15 digits

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yeah you were in the wrong place

oh, and there's no service level here in the forums.  our community aspire to help you on a best-endeavor principle