Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR update to an excising inspection plan

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

SAP is already live at our place long back but we are not using DMR yet. Not per business requirement we are planning to use DMR. So I created DMR rule and wanted to assign DMR at characteristics level to an excising inspection plan. Now when I'm going in QP02 to assign DMR rule somehow system is not allowing me to add DMR rule becuase that filed itself is disable (not editable) in QP02 screen. Please refer QP02 screen shot attached for more information.

Not sure what I'm missing. What could be the reason? Reply appreciated.

System does allow to add DMR rule against characteristics when I create brand new line but doesn't allow to add DMR (not editable) for an excising line.

If I go to at QP02 header level "Modification rule" is editable but not at characteristic level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please go to the header of your inspection plan and select the option Dynamic modification at Char. level option in Dynamic mod. level field as shown below:

The system will then allow you to assign your DMR to the characteristic.

Please also make sure that the DMR you want to assign is authorized for sampling procedure in transaction QDB1.

Let me know if you still have doubts.

Regards,

Ayoub.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ayoub for reply.

I already selected at header "Dynamic modification at header" level from drop down. Aftre that only I assigned DMR at char level, but field is not editable yet.

We don't use sampling scheme in our system. So I don't think so i need to assign DMR relation with sampling procedure at QDR1. Correct me if wrong.

I check in recipe (C202) also but DMR filed at chara level is not editable here as well.

Reply appreciated.

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please check at the recipe header (in Quality Management Button) you also selected the option "Dynamic Modification at Char. Level"

Once you save this option, the system should allow you to assign DMR at the characteristic level.

Regards,

Ayoub.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

As Ayoub suggested, please check your inspection plan/routing header level parameter, so that it has Dynamic Modification level selected as "3 Dynamic Modification at Char. Level" (PLKO-QDYNHEAD). This is absolutely must, so that it will be picked in the plan/routing.

The second point you should keep checking is that you are using "Required" characteristic as MIC in input, while you add it in the routing/insp plan. You can check this in QPMK-STEUERKZ => 11th position form left is flagged as "X" or not. If so, then the output will be like below -

For more details on how to find out the "Required" check, please go through the help doc created by Craig: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44903

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

As I said earlier I have already selected "DM at Char level" in recipe or inspection plan header level, but still DM field is disable(not editable) in QP02 and C202 transaction.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjit for pointing out about "required" charac radio button. Actually my all existing char are optional in inspection plan or recipe. Should it be required to use DMR by SAP rule?

I found this in SAP help - "For characteristic-based dynamic modification, only required characteristics are processed."

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If Non-required/optional MIC is there in the inspection plan/routing/recipe, then you may record results or you may choose to skip results recording for such inspection MIC. If so, then Q-Level will not be updated. But for such MIC you can't force a result recording as it is having initial status "0". That means, a kind of virtual skip [status 4] is already applied for such MIC then the intended functionality for Q-level update is not going to work!!

Though not sure but I still presume, that's how SAP understands whether it needs to update quality level for MIC or not and based on that it allows you to add the DMR at characteristic level.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit,

After adding DMR to an inspection plan I found one strange thing regarding sampling. As I said earlier we are not using DMR and we have just one sampling procedure which is fixed size - 1 KG. Even there is no use SDP in our system. So when system creates an inspection lot system won't assign any sample to the lot, but business go in QPR6 and create sample manually to do result recording.

Now after assigning DMR what I found is system auto creates two sample for the lot. One as Pooled sample while 2nd as Primary. I'm not understanding why does system do like that? I do not want system to create two samples at the lot creation.

Reply appreciated.