cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight cost to be inventoried for intra-company STO

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've spend lot of time in finding a relevant thread for the topic, in fact I've found many, but didn't get proper solution. Thus I'm creating this thread. Kindly help me to get a solution.

We have configured intra-company stock transfer process to transfer material form one plant to other, within the company code. Here we would like to capture Freight cost to my material cost, meaning, we would like to inventoried the freight cost.

We have added the freight cost to my STO pricing procedure, and capturing the same in STO document as well, but while receiving material at receiving plant, we expect an entry for freight but there is neither a separate entry nor it is going to material cost.

I think I'm missing something in pricing procedure or condition type, could you please help me in finding my mistake, so that I can correct myself and capture the freight cost to material.

Note: I don't want to post the cost to a separate GL, but I want it add it to material cost.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor

In above screen shot, Seems You are using ZFP8, Can you post goods movement document of this PO and share MSEG table entries as well as accounting document entries ?

0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeep,

Yes, I'm discussing about ZFP8. Please find the screen shots below.

Kindly help me in meeting the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For delivery costs conditions, condition category should be "B" It is same as any other delivery cost condition type. You must click on Accrual check box in M/06 for your delivery cost condition type besides condition category B and assign the respective accrual key and GL account. You can compare STO pricing procedure with normal Domestic or Import Pricing procedure and you will find the difference yourself.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to pay to the vendor with a different PO  you can use freight type condition.
Apart from all those mentioned above, if your material is std price, you will not find the freight value added but a posting to price difference account for the freight value.

0 Kudos

1. Define Access Sequence

2. Define Condition Type choose FRB1 (Freight Value or whatever you want to choose).

3. Define Cal Schema - Maintain Accrual Account so that system can fetch the G/L Account from freight clearing account.

4. Define Schema Groups Maintain Vendorschemagrp in purchasing data of Vendor Master Record & assign Porgschema to Porg.

5. Assign this schemagroups to cal schema in STO determination. Give doc. type of whatever you are using for intra company code STO.

Now run the process from ME21N upto MIGO.

Check PO History after posting Material Document.

Accounting document posting should be like this

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the screenshots above, it does not seems system hitting freight entries in accounting document, as mentioned, if You can not use same G/L account as you are using BSX key, for FRE, it is freight clearning account- so it will be different G/L account.

Please test following scenarion-

1- M/08- Mention Accural key and Freight clearing account - different then the stock account. Post Screen shot of PO, and accounting entries... can also check is your material price control is moving average ?

2- M/08- No accural, post GRN and share accounting entries screen shot

Freight cost only get uploaded on stock account if your material is at moving average.

Thanks,

Jagdeep

0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeep,

Thank you so much for the assistance. I was struck up at assigning material G/L account to FRE key, but as per your advice I've assigned other G/L account (GR/IR Clearing Account for Freight) to FRE, and executed a cycle and now it is working fine.

Please see the below screen shot for the accounting entries;

Thank you Dibyendu, you have helped me to reach this phase , finally I the requirement is completed

Thank you all for the support

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect..!!!! Always happy to provide best possible suggestions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Hi,

In your process of said STO, the Valuation price of material is from supplying plant only, so you cannot post-delivery cost to inventory account. Better post material delivery cost to separate G/L account.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it would be good if you could share your customizing and and your condition tab from the PO to let us see where the error could be.

Right now I do not see any difference to the many other posts on the same matter here in SCN: just no info given, only a requirement launched.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Sorry, and thank you for asking. Here I'm attaching the screen shots. Kindly check and advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the condition category to B - Delivery cost and mark the accrual key indicator for this condition type in M/06 , remove the statistical tick from calculation schema and maintain the accrual key for this condition type in M/08.

Then test the scenario again.

By the way, you said you are doing intra-company stock transfer, then why you are using movement type 647 ? Movement type 647 is used for inter company (Cross company) stock transfer (one step).

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

As per your advice I've done the changes, but I would require your advice for the followings;

1. Which accrual key to be selected?
  2. If I select FRE, I would required to specify a GL account in OBYC, but GL number for my material cost differ based on the valuation class. In this case how do I give only one GL account?

Kindly clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Generally it is FRE, but you can also create your own. No problem with assignment of one valuation class with one GL account.

0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

Thank for your continued support. As per your advice I've done all the settings, but getting the below error while maintaining the material GL account for FRE key in OBYC.

'Account 401000 already used in transaction BSX'

Please find below the screen shots for your reference;

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra