cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS with client authentication ? - which certificate exactly.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have an inbound interface where a web service is sending data through https , now as i have mentioned in my soap sender comm channel as HTTPS with client authentication now the question is which certificate do i need to share with the third party?.

I know that we can generate Private and public key and share this public key with third party but as you know the public key has an extension like .pb7 something like this  third party is expecting us to give them certificate with extension .cer .

We also have an outbound interface with the same party they have shared a certificate with extension .cer which is working fine we are able to connect them successfully with https.

Do i need to share them trusted CA certificate or SSL certificate of our PI system or is it something else ?

SAP 7.31

Br,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Go through below link for steps

Regards

Venkat

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the link.

In the above link it tell us to install certificate in PI system can you please tell me which certificate i need to install.

I thought we would generate public key and private key and share this public key with third party . Correct me if i am wrong ?

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Yes, we share public key with third party.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

You have to create key pair (public and private). Then share public with third party.

To convert to required extension, use OpenSSL or other tools.

Creating a Key Pair and Public-Key Certificate - SAP Library

SSL Converter - Convert SSL Certificates to different formats

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu was not aware of tool to convert to certificates , will check this let you know the result.