Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Communication Channel Status

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if there is any service in PI through which we can get the status of the communication channels (start/stop/error....) just like AdapterMessageMonitoringVi.

I checked below ones. But could't get the status of the channels.

Regards,

Aditya Vempati

Tags:
replied

Hello Aditya,

The standard servlet ChannelAdminServlet of Adapter Framework should fulfill your requirements. Using it, for communication channels with enabled external control, you can start and stop the channel, as well as query its status.

You may find several good blogs and documents in SCN which are describing functionality and usage of this servlet. For example, William Li's Control Communication Channels Externally without using RWB. You my also have a look at SAP Help regarding this servlet: Controlling a Communication Channel Externally - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library.

Another way around is to use the web service IChannelAdmin provided by PI/PO system (operation getChannelAutomationStatus of this service will return you status of the given communication channel). Using this web service, you can query multiple communication channels in a single web service request. Please note that usage of this web service doesn't require the external control mode being enabled in the communication channel.

You may read about it in Santhosh Vellingiri's blog SAP PI : Start/Stop Communication Channel using Webservice.

Best regards,

Vadim

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question