cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch job log file migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please direct me if there are any specific guidelines to migrate batch job log files from one server to another.

Two servers are different Operating systems, we have performed a OS/DB migration just wanted to check the possibility of batch job log files stored at OS level.

I have identified few batch jobs which are in both source and target servers physically copied the job log files in the respective directory, still in the target am not able to view those batch job log files.

Please throw some light here

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You need to copy the job logs in global directory.

If the job is running in client 100 then you need to put the job log files in global/100JOBLG folders.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

I exactly did the same as you say.. Copied files from 000joblg source and copied them to 000joblg target.

Am able to even open and read the job log file at server level but unable to sync with the respective job and view the job log at SAP appln level

Not sure what I m missing here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I fixed the issue myself for the batch jobs I was checking tempse entry was not consistent, rechecked again for the consistent ones, able to view the job logs successfully in target system now

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not done this however, why do you want to migrate those old file on your new system ?

As those old ones should be deleted using standard housekeeping

Have a look at house keeping jobs in below KBA

16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs

It's RSBTCDEL2 which used for this purpose

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are migrating the jobs so also wanted to retain the job logs.

I can see that the job log files can be opened at Linux server but somehow they are not syncing and can be seen at the application level..

I do not want to reorganize them I am aware of the reorg jobs.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check this SCN thread

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks. But I want to physically move the job log files from source AS/400 server to target Linux server.

We have did the OS/DB migration, I have tried testing identifying few jobs which have been migrated copied over the log files physically from source to target.

But still in target when i try to display the job log files i get a message

No log entries are available for the selected job

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Source system you have to create the archive location and the same path provide in the target system.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS

Can you please help to elaborate. Source is on AS 400 and target is on Linux OS.