Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin strategy based on Packsize

ganesh240988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to fix certain Bins based on the pack size(LE2 Qty) of material.

E.g  I have 10 bin in one storage type. And my requirement is any material with pack size of 20 EA= E1  should putaway in those bins.

How to configure it in system.?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define the separate bin type for all the 10 bin and separate storage unit type for LEQTY 2 and assign that into the configuration

e.g. storage type 100 are having 20 storage bin out of which in 10 bins you want to store material according to LE Qty 2

Storage type                                         100

Define a separate bin type for all the 10 bin (e.g. B1)

Define a storage unit type for LE Qty 2 (e.g. PAL)

LE ----WM-----Strategies -----Activate storage bin type search

Assignment

Storage unit type -----Storage type

100    -   PAL

Storage unit type ----Storage Bin type

PAL   -    B1

Let us know if you are getting any issue after making this setting

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

How many pack sizes you have. Is this standard or this will keep varying in your business.

Regards

AMK

ganesh240988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pack size is not standard. It may vary.

And above solution is like Pallet strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

What you are asking is a fixed bin strategy and it is specific to storage type. Then each pack size should be your storage type (Which is a very non-standard/highly impractical solution). The option that I can think is using an exit.

Also one more point I missed to add --> if you are in the initial stage of implementation add different pack size in your material codes (if this option is viable). But this has a large implication across the supply chain like the way orders are raised/planned/stored etc.

Regards

AMK

ganesh240988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that, whenever we create Putaway TO for material doc or TR, system should check pack size( LE2 Qty) of material. If the pack size is 20 EA (20 EA=E1) then system should suggest destination bin from those 10 bins only. Capacity check is activated for those 10 bins.

16 E1/bin is the capacity of bin.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess then you can follow as below;

Activate "SUT check" in storage type with "I" as a putaway indicator

Create as many bin types as per your "Package types"; do the necessary assignments to WH number

Create Storage units as per your "package types"; do the necessary assignments to WH number

Assign storage unit types to storage types

Assign storage bin types to storage unit types (here you restrict your package types to respective bin types)

Update your 10 bins with respective storage Bin types (E1)

Maintain E1=20 EA in the respective material master

With this configuration everytime system sees "E1" in material master it will suggest those 10 bin where E1 is maintained as bin type. It will not suggest other bins.

Hope this works for you.

Regards

AMK.

ganesh240988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one storage type e.g 101 in which i have 60 bins of bin type B1. Out of 60 bins i have to  fix only 10 bins for the materials whose pack size is 20 EA= E1.

Capacity of 1 bin is 16 E1.

For remaining 50 bins normal putaway should be done.

Is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You will have to configure your storage bin type and unit type accordingly. For those 10 bins have a different storage unit & bin type and for the other 50 give any generic storage unit & bin type. Also please be specific on "NORMAL" putaway.

Regards

AMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you like to say me , in one SUT , how much material you are going to pack , in your view 20  EA=E1 , some times 10 , some times its like 30 .

See in standard material master WM View -2  for one material, you can manage 3 parallelization data .if its not sufficient ,

My suggestion go with reference to HU management , after purchase order or production order receive the material into dummy storage location & pack with HU manually , you can do also automatically with configuration .transfer the stock dummy to warehouse storage location , but warehouse storage location should be HU storage location . in HU you can do variable packing with several packing material with qty .

synchronize HU number with SU number  , when ever HU number will pass to warehouse , it will become SU number .you can track your stock properly in warehouse & outside of warehouse also

or mention the exact requirement .

Regards

Dillesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Maintain bin type - SPRO-IMG-LE-WM-STRATEGIES- ACTIVATE BIN TYPE SEARCH

here you have to create Bin type

Then create Storage unit type

Here assign Storage type with  Storage unit type

Then assign storage type with bin type

In storage type level maintain the capacity

Then maintain the parallelization data in material master WM view 2, and maintain there fix bin capacity

Then only , it will workout .

Regards

Dillesh