cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with three system involved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me to figure out a way to develop an Interface in which three systems :

1. Websrvice Consumer (The initiator - say System A ) ,
  2. SAP ECC (Source of Data, say System B) &
  3. Oracle database (say System C).

I have to Pull records from SAP ECC's table and update in the Oracle database when my System A calls the webservice.

What should be my approach?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Prabhat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I you are under PI 7.1 or above you can do it your scenario using the multi-mapping concept that lets you to send two different messages from the determinated one. Please, read carefully this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki.

I am aware of what you suggested but problem here is the Initiator (system A) is not sending any data rather initiating the process where the data will be picked from ECC system (B) and transferred to System C (an Oracle db).

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Ok, then the scenario changes that i had in mind. You can an Async-synv-Async scenario in one shoot, SOAP-RFC-JDBC for example.

You can get some information about this bridges without BPM here:

File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

In think you would need a PI 7.31 at least.

If your PI system doesn't support bridges, you can do two scenarios or a RFC lookup for your purpose.

Regards-

Former Member
0 Kudos

So basically there is no way i can get this done in one interface, right?

Also Inaki, I have to find a way where in I have to pull records from Oracle db (System C) and transfer to ECC (System B) when Webservice , with Batch Number(an I/P parameter), is called by System A.

"Batch number"(say ABC) which will be given by System A , through SOAP call, will have to be used by PI as a SQL Query parameter (where batch = ABC) for pulling the record from Oracle DB.

I am not sure, how can i make a sender JDBC channel be called "On request" basis. As far as i know, can only give Polling parameter.

I am on PI 7.30.

I appreciate your time.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Even without the bridge you can do it in one scenario.

Let me explain. You can develop a SOAP to JDBC scenario. At mapping level you can use a RFC lookup to send you request with the data and to get the data that you want ().

You said:

I have to Pull records from SAP ECC's table and update in the Oracle database

You don't need any JDBC sender, you need a JDBC receiver to update the data. May be i misunderstood you requirement because you said later:

I have to pull records from Oracle db (System C) and transfer to ECC (System B) when Webservice , with Batch Number(an I/P parameter), is called by System A.

In this case seems the data is finally updated in the ECC and not in the Oracle database, however this scenario can be done in one interface as well with a SOAP - RFC (or abap proxy), doing a JDBC lookup at mapping level (Defining JDBC Lookups Graphically - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library).

Regards.