Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay Duration & Actual Delayed Event populating in Alert Framework

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am configuring an alert which specifies the time duration an expected is delayed along with the event description which is getting delayed.However i was able to fetch the required shipment details,delivery no,vendor name route etc but the "DELAY DURATION" & the "EVENT" which is reported delayed is not displayed in the alert which is been generated.

The following is the configuration done:

It has been noted that system returns the "EVENT" as DELAY & not as any of the expected event such as event  'Shipment Start' has been delayed  etc.Also there is no value flowing in EM Attribute ID- EE MODIFY DURATION.Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

EM Attribute ID EE MODIFY DURATION belongs EM object EV message.

I was trying to search and assign EM Attribute ID EE MODIFY DURATION to map in Alert Category, however It doesn't provide EV message EM object. 

Shows "No Values for this selection but it allow us to assign in alert category like below without any error.

Check below:

Have you configured "EE MODIFY DURATION" in Tcode ALRTCATDEF under Container Tab to bring EVT_DURATION? I couldn't trigger but try and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I tried assigning as directed by you but the delay duration is not populating in the alerts.

Actually when i tried in debug, its found that there is no value populating for the field.

If i try to populate the event reported date ,it works fine but event delay doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Quick question:

1. When the event is reported, have you seen any value in MODIFY DURATION field /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV.  If yes then go to 2, otherwise if you don't have any value in duration.  It won't pass the data in the alert.

2. The event management parameters for event message EM attribute ID "EE MODIFY DURATION" not assigned to EV, it may be the problem.  I have explained long back how to configure in this link I couldn't find any SAP OSS note too to solve this issue. Can you raise SAP OSS message and see what is the outcome from SAP?

Regards

GGOPII

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

There is no field as MODIFY Duration in /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV.I had put a debug in ALERT_CREATE & checked if the container values are getting populated or not.It isnt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Check this one /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV- EV_EXP_DUR or MSG_EXP_DUR.

Put the breakpoint to debug /SAPTRX/CREATE_ALERT-> CALL METHOD i_eai-eh_model->eh_data.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the structure EE Modify is used to modify Expected Events in your EH through sending an event message.

e.g. You send Event A with the information that Event B has to be changed to another date.

They are not available for alert configuration.

/SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV- EV_EXP_DUR or MSG_EXP_DUR

are used to to set the rules configured in the Expected Event Profile:

Table /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV

As said above there is no automatic calculation of a delay duration inside rule processing. If you need this you have to create your own rules. Only in BW content you could configure it but i think this is not the use case here.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will try to write create my own rule for the same. Thnx for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen...

I got it. If that is the case, we need to follow this steps, correct me if I am wrong.

1. Create a new Z control Parameter for event duration

2. When the event reported, update delay duration based on expected and reported event comparison with activity (custom).

Are above steps are correct?

3. Arun can bring this new control event duration filled in Alert parameter and can see alert email

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Control or System Parameter should contain the expected delay.

This parameter can then be displayed in the alert.

Also the event code that is delayed should be stored in a parameter so that you can display it easily in the alert.

If needed you could also adjust with EE Modify the Expected Events in the EH. This depends on the scenario if this is wanted.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

there is no automatic determination of the delay time and the event that was delayed.

You have to built this in the rule set for your scenario. In the Freight Order Visibility something similar was done. There the message sender provides the info which event will be delayed with an estimation of the delay time. Maybe check this scenario. Especially the Event Message Header customzing and table /SAPTRX/OT20E.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I checked the freight order visiblity alert scenario,here there is standard attribute CNTR_ODT20_ESTIM_DELAY_TIME available for configuration & also the defined field in the user profile is ODT20_DELAY_DATE which has a attribute EE MODIFY ESTIMATED DATE.

I tried the similar confifuration for TRA10.But still it didnt worked.