Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union with Nulls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have done union on AUFK and RESB

Variable Selections on BUKRS from AUFK table.

When I am selecting the variable value I am getting single record instead of 2 records due to null values(?)

I want the below desired data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached the correct example.

If I give BUKRS variable selection 6149, then my out put is only single record because of nulls. but i need all the 10 records.

** Variable selection is on BUKRS.

I have two tables AFKO, RESB and I have done Union.

For Example :

AFKO data (Header Level) ;  RESB - table at Detailed(Item Level)

When I am giving Variable selection BUKRS i am getting single record as next row output is with Null. If i go with RSNUM then I am getting 10 records.

I tried creating dummy BUKRS in RESB CV and tried to put it with UNION as it is dummy(no records) so i am not getting my desired data

Example :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know why you want to create UNION between header and item tables. Ideally it should be inner join from header to item table with cardinality 1 to n.

Try this which gives you desired result.

Regards,

Venkat N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is as per the user Requirement

He want to see all the order related materials at header level,

At Item level he want to see all the values no. materials, etc...

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But as told above it will be done with the help of inner join.

I just tried on my system and got below output.

You dont want like below?

BR

Sumeet

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the other contributors have pointed out, you need to use Inner join if you want to get all 10 RESB records when filtering for a comp code value.

Doing a union will not work here - the RESB table doesn't have a BUKRS field, so even if you add it to a union this field will be null. Obviously when you filter for a condition of BUKRS=6149, it will not pick up the RESB records as they don't match the condition. All of this is exactly how a UNION is supposed to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos
BUKRS-AFKOCHARG-AFKOMATNR-AFKOMATNR-RESBCHARG-RESB
6149230181200??
???ABC-10023-100
???ABC-20023-101

Let me clarify once again.

There are total 3 Records because Union is on RSNUM and WERKS(I am getting above result),, 1 record from header i,e AFKO and 2 records from Item level(RESB) ......

Requirement is, At Header level single row and Item from 2nd row ONWARDS. I have given requirement.

Issue,

On BUKRS i have variable Selection...

BUKRS is from (AFKO table), I am getting only 1 record, because there is Null (?) value

Now If I do Join I will get only 2 records instead of 3 records,

My Requirement: I should get 3 records as shown above when I give the Variable Selection BUKRS = 6149

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sumett,

my requirement i posted below...

Former Member
0 Kudos

True... Suhas... That is the reason I posted here to get any alternate solution....

Hello Gurus...

How to over come in this scenario......

-Regards

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's one possible solution:

Create a view (call it V1) that joins AFKO and RESB, using the RSNUM field. In this view pull all RESB fields and the AFKO-BUKRS  field. Do not pull any other fields from AFKO.

Then in another view (say V2), do a union between V1 and AFKO. That will meet the requirement.

If you are doing all this in a calc view, then V1 would be a join node in the calc view, and V2 would be a union node taking V1 and AFKO as inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact I have done same thing.. till yesterday i didnt get the desired data.

But today I redeployed it with other user id's it started working...

Strange...

Any how it started working for me...

* To get BUKRS we have to join AUFK and  AFKO(see tables to understand easy)

In detail.

CV1 - >  Join1 on  AFKO With RESB (with RSNUM). here we get the BUKRS.

CV2 -> Now again take a join of AFKO and RESB then Union with CV1.

now if we give the Variable selection on company code with 6149 we We will get the desired data.

Regards

Lajwanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suhas....

Answers (0)