Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C on Oracle 11g Error ORA-01019 with R3trans -x

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are in the process of upgrading our R/3 4.6C system to ERP 6.0 EHP6 and in the process we have upgraded Oracle DB at source to Oracle 11g ( Supported by SAP 4.6C for upgrade purpose).

Now our DB is upgraded and both <sid>adm and ora<sid> can connect to DB via sqlplus but when we try to start SAP it fails at DB start though DB starts in background but R3trans cannot connect to it. Below is the error message we get:

*** ERROR => OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1019    63  0.035649
4 ETW000  [dbsloci.,00000]  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error 1019

***LOG BY2=>sql error 1019   performing CON

2EETW169 no connect possible

We have installed Oracle 11.2.0.4 instantclient as it has been confirmed to be supported (Ref SAP note: 1547947). But when tried ldd on the dbsl library dboraslib.sl in kernel directory, it resolves the library files of Oracle 9i and gives the path to Oracle 9i (client and home).

At this moment our ORACLE_HOME is set to 112_64 but as soon as I revert back ORACLE_HOME for prdadm to 920_64 the R3trans works perfectly fine.

Request you all to please help us with the resolution if same issue has encountered to anyone.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Could you please check:

Also please have a look at the note 566051 - Error due to missing oracore directory

Regards,

Serhat

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Serhat

I have seen that note and it is not helping us. The resolution says that some files had wrong groups assigned but did not mention which. Also I have checked the given note, the oracore directory is very well present.

Below is the exact error we are getting for R3trans -x

4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Got ORACLE_SID=PRD from environment              68  0.034597

4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Got NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC from environment

4 ETW000                                                                         23  0.034620
4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Logon as OPS$-user to get SAPR3's password       16  0.034636

4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Connecting as /@PRD on connection 0 ... (dbsl 46D 210610)

4 ETW000                                                                         24  0.034660
4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  -->oci_logon(con_hdl=0, user='', dbname='PRD')   15  0.034675
4 ETW000  [dboci.c,00000]  *** ERROR => OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1019   52  0.034727
4 ETW000  [dbsloci.,00000]  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error 1019  19  0.034746
4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Try to connect with default password             16  0.034762

4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  Connecting as SAPR3/<pwd>@PRD on connection 0 ... (dbsl 46D 210610)

4 ETW000                                                                         24  0.034786

4 ETW000  [developertra,00000]  -->oci_logon(con_hdl=0, user='SAPR3', dbname='PRD')

4 ETW000                                                                         23  0.034809
4 ETW000  [dboci.c,00000]  *** ERROR => OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1019   51  0.034860
4 ETW000  [dbsloci.,00000]  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error 1019  18  0.034878
4 ETW000  [dblink ,00627]  ***LOG BY2=>sql error 1019   performing CON     135  0.035013
4 ETW000  [dblink ,00627]  ***LOG BY0=>                                     19  0.035032

Now if I change ORACLE_HOME to /oracle/PRD/920_64 the R3trans -x just works fine.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm glad to hear that you've solved it! Now please close the thread.

Regards,

Serhat

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Serhat

The issue is not solved. I think there is some miss communication. The issue is I have to set /oracle/PRD/11204 as my ORACLE_HOME for which I am getting this error. i.e. post Oracle upgrade.

While if I set the older release as ORACLE_HOME R3trans doesn't throw any error which is not what we require. I hope you understood the issue now.

Regards

Rahul

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have to go to the prehistory for this message.

Let me see if I understsand everything

1) you have SAP R/3 4.6C with kernel 4.6D_EXT

2) as per PAM this kernel is not supported with 11g

3) as per PAM kernel 4.6D_EX2 also is not supported with 11g

That means that you are trying to do something that is not supported, but lets try to make it work

you mention that the following ones are your environment variables for sid<adm>

Environment Variable for <sid>adm:

SAPSYSTEMNAME=PRD

DIR_LIBRARY=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run

SHLIB_PATH=/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

THREAD=NOPS

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_tnsname=PRD

ORACLE_PSRV=PRD

ORACLE_SID=PRD

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/PRD

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/PRD/11204

my first question would be:

why do you want to have

4.6D_EX does not uses the oracle instant client, it uses the "normal" oracle client. Pointing the second variable to the instantclient is useless, it will not be used and it should not be used. This is confirmed with your LDD that resolves to 92x_64.

You have to stop thinking on the RDBMS that you are trying to connect to and think on the client the kernel uses. for this kernel you have to use the "normal" Oracle client (again) that corresponds to the kernel version and that does not have to match the RDBMS version (as mentioned, we are talking about prehistory) and you MUST instsall/configure the oracle client for 46C (kernel 4.6D_EX) as indicated on the note 180430 - Installing the ORACLE client software for UNIX: (a bit old, I know)

Doing so, it might be (probably) sqlplus will not work from the command line, and few BR*tools options might not work from this user. But you are in a non supported combination so it is "normal" that things do not work.

BTW, as  the environment has to be for the oracle client (again, not the RDBMS) you do need ORA_NLS33 pointing to the NLS files on the client directory (not the RDBMS). If you do not set it, it will search the files on the ORACLE_HOME that contains the NLS files for RDBMS 11g which are not valid for the client 9i that the kernle requires

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel

Thanks a lot for your response:

As far as Oracle 11g support for 4.6C, it is supported for Upgrade only purposes : Ref SAP Note: 1487754 - Add. info.: Upgrade to SAP NW 7.3 ORACLE

After Oracle upgrade we need to provide instantclient path in environment in order to move ahead with SAP upgrade: Ref SAP Note:  1547947 - Oracle Database 11g: Preparations for SAP Upgrade

Now as far as ORA_NLS33 parameter is concerned please find response below:

Oracle 11g does not have an ocommon directory be default in ORACLE_HOME what we have done is we copied this directory from 9i home and to 11g home tried as a work around as I read it some where online. Even giving NLS33 path to Oracle 9i client or 9i RDBMS home is not solving our problem.

Moreover some notes state that 4.6D_EX2 onwards R/3 doesn't need NLS33 parameter: One such note Ref: 1060539 - Installing EX2 Kernels on Oracle based SAP Systems

Hope this answers your queries.

Let me know if you need any further information or find any other discrepancy, to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ok,

It is supported (temporarily) good.

The oracle instantclient will be needed for the FUTURE kernel, but you still are not in that phase, so lets not worry now about installing the instantclient

You refer to kernel 4.6D_EX2 but you show kernel 4.6D_EXT.

Kernel Release:

--------------------

disp+work information

--------------------

kernel release                46D

kernel make variant           46D_EXT

compiled on                   HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800

compiled for                  64 BIT

compile time                  Oct 21 2012 22:27:09

update level                  0

patch number                  2641

source id                     0.2641

Both kernels are DIFFERENT, first one is linked to oracle client, second one is linked to oracle instantclient.

Oracle instantclient does not need ORA_NLS33, but your kernel is NOT using it, but the normal client so ... it does need the ORA_NLS33

Please, do not mix installation/configuration of different kernels and different oracle clients. There is a BIG change between using the oracle client (lotsssss of files and directories, environment variables needed) and the instant client (about a dozen files and soft links)

You could change your kernel for a 4.6D_EX2 and follow the other configuration notes. But, please, decide which kernel you want to use, use the correct client for the kernel you want to use and configure the environment for the correct client

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Fidel

Yes you are right, while replying you first time I did notice that note says about 46D_EX2, so I have already asked team to download it.

Thanks for your time, I will keep all of you posted with the progress, till that time will keep this thread open.

Regards

Rahul

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel

We were able to start SAP with new kernel. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

looks like you have not seen my earlier reply about Kernel.

Anyways Good to know that issue got resolved.

Regards

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check following links which talks about similar issue

OS> ldd dboraslib.so

If that succeeds, verify that the SAP system is able to connect to the database with

OS> R3trans -x

Otherwise, if  ldd cannot resolve all libraries, then verify the value of the library search path for the adm user. It should be set as:

For release 10.2 clients:/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run:/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

For release 11.2 clients:/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

SAP Notes Of The Day: Note 819829 - Oracle Instant Client Installation and Configuration on Unix

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anand

As mentioned in the SCN post, doing ldd to the dboraslib is resolving all 92x_64 files since the client folder is already present there.

But R3trans -x throws ORA-01019. Even DB is running fine and I could connect via SAPR3 at SQL level from <sid>adm.

Regards

Rahul

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you provide these?

Environment variables of orasid and sidadm users

Kernel version

Oracle client version

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan

Please find below the details you seek:

Environment Variable for <sid>adm:

SAPSYSTEMNAME=PRD

THREAD=NOPS

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_tnsname=PRD

ORACLE_PSRV=PRD

ORACLE_SID=PRD

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/PRD

As I understand ORA_NLS33 not applicable for Oracle 11g, but I did try setting it as well but the result remain same.

Environment Variable for ora<sid>:

dbms_type=ORA

dbs_ora_tnsname=PRD

ORACLE_PSRV=PRD

ORACLE_SID=PRD

ORACLE_BASE=/oracle

SAPDATA_HOME=/oracle/PRD

Kernel Release:

--------------------

disp+work information

--------------------

kernel release                46D

kernel make variant           46D_EXT

compiled on                   HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/800

compiled for                  64 BIT

compile time                  Oct 21 2012 22:27:09

update level                  0

patch number                  2641

source id                     0.2641

Oracle Client Release:

Client Shared Library 64-bit - 11.2.0.4.0

System name:    HP-UX

Release:        B.11.31

Version:        U

Machine:        9000/800

Operating in Instant Client mode.

Small timezone file = timezone_14.dat

Large timezone file = timezlrg_14.dat

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

From the system values provided...i could see your kernel is on 4.6D EXT.

As per SAP this kernel is not support for upgraded Oracle:-

Refer note:- 521230 - FAQ: Client software 9i or lower on UNIX

As per SAP note  1398634 - Oracle database 11g: Integration in SAP environment

This kernel is not supported

As per SAP note 1431800 - Oracle 11.2.0: Central Technical Note

You can refer couple of discussions too:-

The last one for extended maintenance systems

1879168 - Desupport of SAP Kernels 46D_EXT and 640

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

It looks like kernel issue. Please update kernel if already not done.

Check Environment variable ORA_NLS33 if applicable for Current DB version

rahulrdeo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

The 4.6C kernel is already on updated release, and ORA_NLS33 is not applicable for Oracle 11g, though I tried setting and unsetting it makes no difference to error.

Regards

Rahul