Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block print popup in LT31

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any setting to block print popup in LT31.

While printing TO from LT31, Print popup is coming while printing each TO. Eventhough default setting is maintained in user parameters.

Br,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to "output Management" space, as this is not a WM issue. Not 100% sure if Output Management is right, maybe it is Basis for printer setup. The moderator of Output Management may decide

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Do I need to do any changes in SPAD. for this pop up.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are a WM consultant, then the answer is no. SPAD is usually not an activity and responsibility of a WM consultant

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

But what is reason behind this pop up?

If you have idea, any change need to be done in SPAD then please share

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason is off course to give you a chance to adjust the defaults and to enter the number of copies as this is not available in the screen of LT31.

The window that you get is actually pretty old fashioned, current design is like in the pictures here: Print Window - Getting Started – Using SAP Software - SAP Library

You could go to MMBE and click the printer icon there, then you should get the screen as showed in the docu. Try to make your settings there and save it as default values and see if that also has some impact on LT31 (I actually do not really believe it, but it is at least worth a try)

As mentioned before, I don't get this window. I just tried it by entering a LOCL printer in LT31 and the print went to my local printer without any pop-up, but my LOCL printer is setup differently in SPAD than yours.

I can't give you more insight into SPAD as I am not a Basis consultant, but the docu can be found here: Local Printing (Access Methods C and L) - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Library

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Print to a network printer instead of a local frontend printer.

Printing to a local windows printer instead of a network printer usually had this pop-up with SAPlpd printing. But this is actually an outdated technology. you should talk to your basis admins, there are plenty discussions in SCN like and

and OSS note 894444 - Tool for server-based print under Microsoft Windows (SAPSprint)

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not talking about LPD popup..question is regarding below pop up. is there any setting to avoid bellow pop up.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you execute the transaction SPAD and enter your printer there, what info do you see in the tabs for Access method and Device attributes?

0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

In User parameter SU3 transaction give the default printer and check the check box print imidiatly

this window will not appears

Regards,

Pramod

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPAD details:

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod ,

This setting is already maintain.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the Smartform composer "built in" print options dialog, I believe. Try to put a break-point in FORM output_options of SAPLSTXBC, evaluate the call chain to determine "driver program" calling smartform. That would be the place to solve this kind of issues.

If the print options like output device are passed from application to the "driver program", there is no reason to call smartform with print options dialog enabled at all, I believe. Or at least call it with print options dialog enabled not more than once per "print run".

Cheers

Jānis