Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPI Owner?

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can we have a role for the KPI owner? Or does it have to be user?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

There is no KPI based role. A user can/not be authorized to view the Business scenario as a whole, which includes KPIs. To learn more on authorizations please refer our installation & Upgrade guide + Developer Guide from : SAP Operational Process Intelligence 1.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Archana

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

If we  need two different type KPI based owner one thing we can do but it work around . If we create same business scenario two times one time suppose 10 KPI based scenario one time 8 KPI based scenario after creating the scenario , two operator role is created automatically , suppose for 10 KPI based scenario role is operator1 for 8 KPI based scenario operator2 if we assign that role any user that user can find that business scenario with respected KPI     

Thanks,

Sumit

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

That is quite a hack but you can use it. Please note that the SYSTEM/ADMIN user if he sees the Space.me he would see both the scenarios with same name. If that is not the usecase and you are sure that only individual users will access it then you can sue it.

There is yet another way. All the indicator or measure generates a Calculation View  in gen folder (- to know more about the nomenclature please read the developers guide-). Also there are analytical privileges created for these calculation view. These privileges are provided to OPERATOR role. You can also think of creating your own roles with respective analytical privileges and assign those roles than OPERATOR role to your users. But please be aware that regeneration might have problem due to cross dependencies etc. 

regards,

Archana

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Thanks for your valuable input

Thanks,

Sumit

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I have one query about analytical privileges creation for data restriction ,

1) Can we create another role in Business scenario authorization tab apart from requester , operator, and give standard value?

2) Or we create separate analytic privilege in project explorer and assign some data restriction ?

3) Or we edit in generate folder  TARGET_ATTRIBUTES_PROCESSES or TARGET_ATTRIBUTES_PROCESSES analytic privilege in OPERATOR role  for data restriction?

Thanks,

Sumit

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Here are the answers:

Option 1. Yes you can based on some filter

Option 2.  Yes you can create additional new Analytical Privileges for your purpose. Just do not play around with any content inside gen folder of Business Scenario

Option 3.  No, modifying anything inside generated artifacts of Business scenario is not recommended.

Regards,

Archana

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

for Option 1 if we create any role and not give any value in authorization tab , then it create a analytic privilege role which is same as OPERATOR role , if we edit in their then we can hide any   tile data but its showing tile not loaded is this is way we can do??

Thanks,

Sumit

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

No tile not loaded should not be shown. What is you exact requirement - based on that I can provide you some better suggestion. There are various options.

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana ,

Thanks for your response,

My requirement to not show some measure related tile for particular user , means some higher level authority can only seen that tile and its related data ,

Thanks,

Sumit

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

In that case, I would suggest that you create your own analytical privileges and roles and assign them to your users instead of OPERATOR role. Something like a subset of original generated OPERATOR role. Ensure that you create these analytical privileges and roles carefully and do not miss out other privileges.

Do not play around with generated artifacts as any changes might counter affect other referenced artifacts and also any modifications to these generated artifacts are over written on next generation.

Regards,

Archana

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I am creating a analytic privilege as you  said made some filter on it, and added some calculation view which are required/ (same that are given in OPERATOR analytic privilege) then created a role and assigned to the privilege same like the OPERATOR role . its working fine,but Task tile is not loaded  ,

and showing message

Access denied: You do not have the required permissions to access the Tasks for TARGET_ATTRIBUTES

Thanks,

Sumit

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Attaching for the same

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

One more thing i want to add that , suppose we have 15 category in a end to end process , so one requirement is that some user can see 7 category related all end to end data , second one is with in one process KPI related restriction , so first one i am able to create using analytic privilege ,

but task tile is not loaded second one can i

Create some role and give one attribute value Zero , so when i using that role can it gives the Zero value for particular attribute through out the process ?

Thanks in advance

Sumit,

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

This issue is because you have not set the complete configuration for TASK Management. Please goto Admin Cockpit and complete the TASK MANAGEMENT setup complete. YOu may refer the same in the guides as well.

Regards,

Archana

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

But if i am  use directly the operator role than its work fine , but when i created some external analytic privilege that time it comes ,

Thanks,

Sumit

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

1) When we try to create any analytic privilege in project explorer tab , we have to chose calculation view , and filter some data , and activate the  analytic privilege , and try to generate again the scenario that time no error we found ,

2) for OPERATOR role actually combination of analytic privilege  , so if we create some role assign all the privilege that time custom created  analytic privilege is not working , its gives output just like Assign the operator role in any user,

3) when we try  to use only custom privilege that time in work space only my work box is come not related with our process is come,

4) so when we gave all gen folder calculation view into the custom analytic privilege which are same as operator role analytic privilege, that time in work space all tile except task tile with filter data is come, but try to generate business scenario its give error some in active object   

can you suggest what should i do to get appropriate data and its not affected again generation the business creation

Thanks,

Sumit

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

You need to open the OPERATOR role and ensure that you have assigned all other privileges corectly. Ensure that OPINTUSER role is also assigned to your user.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member250641
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank's for the response