Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move logged on user to other Application-Server/instance

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I read a thread of 2009, that it is not possible to move a user, who is already logged on to a SAP-System, to another system.

A few years are gone and new versions are available....therefore my question

Is it still not possible moving users in background from one server to another one?

E.g., that he gets move by next time he opens a new mode.

Like if you go to transaction SM51 an click on a server and open a new mode, you also get switched to new mode.

I mean it would be a very very helpful feature, as e.g. in case of unplanned restart of an instance also the users don't get impacted.

Maybe somebody has an idea.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do this for background jobs - when I don't want to job to run on a particular app server - i make background process as 0 in operation modes in RZ04 and then force fully switch that operation mode from RZ03 on that instance.

I have not done for a dialog because you have logon groups and RFC logon groups.

Regards,

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This we did solve by using sm61 and job-servergroup SAP_DEFAULT_BTC.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx to everybody for help.

I understand, that an immediate switch is not possible.

But I am think about a kind of switch, which transfers the user to another host when everything is ready for that user and maybe on creating a new mode.

Like I go into sm51 for a defined server and make /o command.

Kind regards

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Christian, the idea is good and is waiting to be implemented . I would suggest a development request. These days a decision on such requests is taken care of pretty quickly.For more information, please visit:
<http://service.sap.com/influence>

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx a lot, I didn't know about that page

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Hope you are doing good.

There are several issues that can happen with this kind of movement. The closest we have got is application failsafe movement but from a user context perspective, such an option does not exist.

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Is it still not possible moving users in background from one server to another one?

E.g., that he gets move by next time he opens a new mode.

Like if you go to transaction SM51 an click on a server and open a new mode, you also get switched to new mode.

User movement is not possible from one to another App Server. once the App server down / stopped all the connection on that app server will be disconnected.

For background job you can create the app server group and assign the same group to while creating or exiting BG job modi faction. using transaction SM61, Kindly refer the SCN Wiki link.

SM61 - Batch Server Group - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS