cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel/delete the access request instance - Getting error "The request is currently being edited by user"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

An access request which is showing in "Approval pending" status (Actually the request got error out). When I am trying to cancel the request its showing the below error.

Getting the bellow error while trying to cancel the instance.

I have executed the program GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL to cancel the instance but no result.

Please let me know how to cancel the request and the reason for such behaviour.

FYI, currently we are on GRC AC 10.0 SP18.

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fx050
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can follow the below steps shown to solve the issue.

Provide your request number in External Key Display Field for table GRFNMWRTINST as shown,

Get the MSMP Instance ID for the above request,

Paste this MSMP Instance ID in the report & select the radio button "Directly abort instance", provide a reason as well, Now Execute;

This will successfully abort the instance,

Refer KBA# 1742041 for more the details.

Let me know If you have any questions,

Thanks,

Faraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

You can go to table through GRFNMWRTINST and find the MSMP instance. Type the request number in EXTERNAL_KEY_DIS field and execute. Copy the MSMP instance and paste it in the report you mentioned above (GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL), more specifically in MSMP Instance ID field.

Choose 'Directly Abort Instance' this time. Hope it works.

Best Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Ask your basis team if there is any lock in SM12 with your name , if yes ask them to delete , then you can access request again.

Thanks & Regards

Uma Shankar T

SAP GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Uma for the response.

I have already checked the SM12 logs but no entries found there. Finally I have generated the MSMP version again, now it got resolved.

Thank you!

Regards,

Chandra