cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not flowing from OTR to FU

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working on a Transport Management scenario which require a text message to flow from Sales order (in ERP) to Order based Transportation Requirement (OTR in TM)  to Freight Units (in TM) to Freight Order (in TM).

Please let us advise if we have any configuration steps involved to make the text flow from OTR to FU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to copy text from SO- FU. The SO texts (header as well as item) are flowing to OTR root and item level respectively. I did the configuration for OTR to FU transfer as explained in . (attached text document)Still it is not working as expected. This is TM 9.2 with updated support package. I checked the SAP notes as well but they can't be implemented.  Am I missing anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continued

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continued

Former Member
0 Kudos

cond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contd.

Dragoș
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The notes are already included in TM 9.2 SP02.

I suggest to create two schemas:

1. ZTOR_ITEM for the item, containing only the text type 0007 (and access sequence Z2). This schema must be attached to the node ITEM_TR of the BO //TOR in the same customizing cluster (=node "assign text schema to BO and node")

2. ZOTR_FU for the FU root, containing all other text types. This schema must be specified in the FU Type Customizing (!!).

For 1: the text determination will run thus for all TOR items (so not only for FU, but for freight order and booking items as well). However, the association BO_TRQ_ITEM works only for FU items. If you want to see the texts in FO/BO as well, you may use the association BO_TRQ_ITEM_ALL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dragos for your reply. I tried this but it did not work

Dragoș
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that, at this point I'd suggest to log an OSS ticket - my support colleagues will be able to check more thoroughly.

Regards,

Dragos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naresh,

Please refer to this very useful document by Dragos on configuration and development around Text flow in ECC-TM

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/transportation-management/blog/2015/01/14/demystifying-text-determi...

Hope it helps.

BR

narender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very Much Narender , I will check the document .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

I checked the document but the screenshots given over there are old and could make it in the latest version of SAP TM 9.1.

We already have a setup to flow the text from Sales order in ECC to OTR in SAP TM. Now we would like to know how to flow the text from OTR to FU.

To make the text flow from ECC to SAP TM , we assign text types to each other.

Is there any configuration steps to follow to do it till FU ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

As mentioned in the Dragos' link, hope you have checked out the SAP Notes 2111951, 2113736, 2116402 and 2116403. These all are relatively new (Jan 15). We needed these and we had 9.1 SP04.

Next, to begin with you will need to identify the source and destination node
between which the text needs to flow.

Then do the following config-

Define Text type; and create an Access-

This might look a little confusing- but the ‘source entity’
(above) is basically the point from where we navigate to the actual source of
text (named target above) using association BO_TRQ_ROOT.  Once we reach TRQ root we use association TEXTCOLLECTION to retrieve the text. (…see below)

Create access sequence and add your access to Access sequence-

Create a Text Schema (or Use SAP delivered standard ones) and add Text type to the text schema-

Make sure that text Type is assigned to the text schemas of both source and target entities (TOR and TRQ root in above case). 

Assign the text schema to Document types ( e.g. FU and OTR)- or even ITEM types if you intend to flow text at ITEM level. (in case you are wondering what is Default text type- this one shows up on the General Data screen of FWO/FU)- see below-

Hope this helps.

BR

narender