Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE71 Issue with Quality Notification

hector_hacon01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi QM experts

I have this issue, I am using the QE71 transaction to record results for inspection points. The problema that I have, is that if I use the button Close and save characteristics (padlock button up the table)

the valuation is good here.

But when I go to QE51N to créate the quality notification for the MIC with the deffect, the report type and catalog profile are not being updated.

In my configuration, QC00 I have the report type, the catalog profile, code groups created. Can anybody help me to know, why I haven´t the report type an catalog profile updated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I may not predict it rightnow why this is happening but could you please try what results you get via QA32 for defect recording at characteristic level?

Anand

hector_hacon01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Anand

I tried what you say. With QA32, I have not problem, the report type, catalog profile and code group are updated correctly.

In fact, I have done the same with QE51N, making the valuation there, and the result is correct too. The problem is that I need to record results several inspection points at the same time, that is why I need to do the recording in QE71.

I want to add, that if I just save (not save and close) the results in QE71 and then go to QE51N to make the valuation and closing, the report type, catalog profile and code group are updated too.

In conclusion, I have the problem when I use the function save and close in QE71.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Hector Ch

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you answered your own question.  You closed the MIC in QE71.  Why would SAP expect you to update anything more at that point?  Can you record the defects from the QE71 worklist?  I.e. record, save and close, go back to the worklist and then reselect the inspeciton lot and click on "Record Defects" from the menu bar?  I..e why are you going to QE51n?

Craig

hector_hacon01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Craig

May be you are right. I just want to be sure, I'm not missing something. Also, I had notice that if I first just save in QE71, and then go to QE51N, and finish well with that first inspection point, the next, I can do all in QE71, it means, save and closing, the notification is updated with catalog, profile and code group.

Anyway, I appreciate your answer. I will wait if somebody else have another idea.