Spring MVC Integration for Java Beans Connectivity (CR)
I have to integrate my Java Spring MVC project with Crystal Reports using POJO. In order to accomplish this, CR requires you to return a ResultSet class along with your bean.
It works when returning a statically assigned collection to ResultSet. Plain and simple. However, I'm running into problems when I try to add DB connectivity via database expert > java beans connectivity returns "failed to retrieve data from the database"
My project has 5 layers -
controller -- fetch data and stream PDF to session
service -- get
- Manually add to classpath all supporting class files (all folders in 5 layer structure) and jars (everything in lib) associated with project in crconfig.xml
- Create a Crystal Reports service method which calls the DAO to return a collection of objects and returns a ResultSet
- Export jar of service and domain class
- run Crystal Reports Designer 2013 and go to java beans connectivity..
- add ResultSet method
- "failed to retrieve data from the database"
Does anyone know if this support dependency injection? Or anyone have any luck getting this to work?