Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Using HU non unique number

Hello gurus,

I plan to implement HUM in my warehouse and I have a question regarding numbering.

Some products are currently packaged on some specific boxes which are already identified by a unique number. When these boxes get empty after materials consumption, they go back in the process to be fulfilled by other materials until the material is goods issued. And so on...

How can I implement that kind of "recycle" HU in SAP?

I read that unflag "Set Unique Number Assignment for HU identification" has huge impacts, ie no possible to indicate a SL as HU-managed, no more link between HU and SU, and no possibility to use RF, which is totally not acceptable in my solution.

Do you have an idea of the solution in that case?

I can't imagine this kind of situation does not regularly happen in some industries which use reusable packaging.

Please advise.

Former Member
replied

This requirement is pretty often discussed, but from my point of view this is because people mixing the terms.

You understand the handling unit as a pallet number, no matter what is on this pallet.

But SAP's definition is "A handling unit is a physical unit consisting of packaging material (load carriers / packaging) and the goods they contain."

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question