cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D4C Account upload with custom fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to upload D4C accounts with custom fields? Added some custom fields to D4C overview page, looking for a way to upload accounts with custom fields from csv file. In C4C it updates the template with custom fields, but D4C has fixed fields. Is there a way to enhance the list?

Thank you

Praveen Bandaru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

It is possible to upload accounts with custom fields.

- Create an extension (custom) field from UI

- Go to Further Definition UI of that extension field (In adaptation step, mouse hover on the custom field and click on spanner icon in the small popup)

- In the Further Definition UI, click on OData Service

Include this field in the OData Service: c4cdataloader

With the above steps, you should be be able to see the new field in the Upload Accounts UI (Via google contacts and CSV file)

Alternatively, you can also create customer from the below OData service:

https://<tenantURL>/sap/byd/odata/v1/c4cdataloader/$metadata

The Data upload feature use the above OData service too..

Regards, Kiran

PS: We noticed that the OData servie c4cdataloader is not listed and a fix will be done for this soon. Please raise a message to track the availability of the fix..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please confirm again, The above steps of customization are valid for C4C NOT for D4C ( Digital For Customer Engagement). D4C is new product launced in May 2015, which is focused for small industries and have feature to get live with own data in 15 mins. Check more about D4C at SAP Digital for Customer Engagement.

If you wish to extend all the in-depth customization and features then you need to upgrade existing tenant to C4C. Its possible to upgrade the existing product (i.e. D4C live environment) to C4C without any major impact.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kiran for the information. c4cdataloader OData service is not available in C4C either. I will try the metadata option.

Kiran, Thank you for your reply. We are doing POC on D4C before moving to C4C.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Praveen: c4codataloader will soon reach your system.. Happy to help you in your POC.. Let me know if you bump into any issues or concerns with D4C/C4C..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Swarup, customization(Extension) is possible in D4C similar to C4C. I work in D4C team.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the moment, D4C allows restricted enhancement / customization on main page. For in-depth enhancement and business process extensions, its recommended to upgrade to C4C.

Thanks

Swarup