cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Connect Multiple Gateway to One ECC Instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to seek your opinion whether is it possible to connect more than one gateway to ECC instance?

The main reason for this discussion is because we have another sub company in other country and needs to connect to our SAP system in HQ since international bandwidth is an issue in here so I was wondering whether it is possible to setup another gateway in that particular country and one gateway for HQ connect to the production ECC (within same client).

Regards,

Ura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ura,

Yes, this is possible. You need to add a system alias pointing to the new system in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

When you do that, you can also tell SAP that for which set of users which backend to be called. This is by entering roles while adding the system alias.

Multiple Origin Composition - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, Krishna.

in the Multiple Origin Composition, where do I specify user A connects via gateway A (in country A) and while user B connects via gateway B (in country B) ?

Update: I found the naswer is it in the system alias config screen where you put the USERROLE

Regards,

Ura

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for they reply, guys.

by creating a new gateway in country A, would it improve the response time to/from the ECC located in HQ (Country B)?

Note: assuming both countries are connected using 1 Mbps line.

Thank you,

Regards,

Ura

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ura,

Yes, its possible to register one backend OData service to multiple gateway hub systems.

Both the hub systems should have system alias pointing to the same ECC instance, then go to /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE on the Hub systems and you will be able to register the same service on both the GW servers.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Ekansh,

In your opinion by creating a seperate gateway in country A, would it improve the response time to/from the ECC located in HQ (Country B)?

Note: assuming both countries are connected using 1 Mbps line.

Regards,

Ura