cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver FTPS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a File to FTPS scenario. The receiver FTPS communication channel was setup with the below details without the certificates being used for this communication:

On testing this configuration the channel threw an error : "Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: The control connection to the FTP server sftp.am.gxsics.com timed out while reading the server reply."

On some further analysis we requested our client to provide the certificates for the FTPS server and also confirmed the user ID and password being used (the ones we were using were correct). Client provided us some certificates which were stored in NWA under TrustedCAs in the keystore and the system was restrted. In the communication channel I could not see the required value for the X.509 Certificate and Private key parameter.

I am sharing the screenshot of the certificates shared. Please advice as to what I have missed or need to do to make this scenario work.

Thanks

Shivangi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To troubleshoot it further, we have tried to connect it from OS level. This does not ask for user/password. But, gives below error:

Although, Ping is working fine. Please suggest.

Thanks

Shivangi

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivangi,

Once you have the certificate with private key, then you need to create a new entry in NWA and then use this new entry in the Communication channel.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Nitin.

But in our case the Bank has only shared SSL certificates with us. Are they not sufficient to setup FTPS communication.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Shivangi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's not mandatory to have certificates for every FTPS communication.

Did you try connecting from FileZilla using those credentials?

Are you sure about the port and other details? Your server host name has got "sftp". Not sure if it is FTP(S) or SFTP.

If you can connect from filezilla but not from PI then make use of XPI inspector which would give additional details on this error.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haressh,

I am working with Shivangi on this. We have a port range 6366-6340. Although, we a option to assign only one port.

SFTP is correct in URL, as we are able to connect using coreFTP (it allows multiple ports). As per SAP they said, connectivity should work using one port. We have tried with/without certificate.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try enabling XPI inspector which should give additional details?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivangi,

Execute telnet from your PI system (ABAP stack). Go to SE38 execute program RSBDCOS0

Telnet <host name> <space> <port>, You will receive Connected if the certificates are properly installed and connection is successful.

Regards,

Pranav